Darkness

Chris

My heart was thumping loudly. Why was Liam apologising? Was he playing with me? Was I just some past time? But those silver orbs... They were so sincere...

No

I shook my head and hurried into the elevator,pressing the button to the ground floor. I was just about to remove my phone and text Danny when all of a sudden,the elevator came to a halt with a loud screeching aound,shaking violently,making me hold around for support. Then it happened in a flash and I lost all common sense.

Darkness...

Total darkness reigned over the place except for the small lights of the buttons with the emergency red one showing.

I was scared...

I fumbled into my pocket for my phone. My hands were shaking. My vision blurred. If only I could turn the flash on. I broke into a cold sweat and before I could get a hold of the situation,I realised it was tears that were making my vision blur. I shakily tried to unlock my phone but the screen was covered in tears and it wouldn't unlock.

Someone help.

I gripped my knees against my chest as I sat near the door. My breaths were ragged and I knew I was hyperventilating. I knew it all but I could not prevent it.

Why was I so helpless?

Screams filled my head. Screams of pain which made my body start to hurt. It was excruciating. It was painful.

I want it to stop.

I started feeling cold. It was cold. Even too cold for a human. My body shivered. I tried to warm myself but I couldn't. It was so cold. So bloody cold. I could hear voices in my head.

I can't.

I could feel something vibrating near me. A small light emitted from the vibrating object.

Liam.

<<Bang!>>
My body was so cold that I didn't even jump at the loud sound. All I knew was that my name which sounded desperate was being called by a familiar voice which shouted from the other side and minutes later,I was engulfed in a cozy warmth. Something soft touched my lips,regulating my irregular breaths.

It felt good.

Agitated arms gathered me painfully close to them. I hurried my face in further into their warmth as their scent comforted me.

It felt so safe.