Prologue

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Donald, Douglas, and Skye was currently gathered around a cyberdesk in their small lab at Davenport Industries, working on the design for robots that'll have bionics, so that it can help protect the world, to do the things humans can't do.

Skye and Douglas had been dating for a year now, both twenty-five and, like Donald, are geniuses. The three of them have grown up together since they were teenagers and was close.

Unlike the Davenport brothers though, Skye had no family but them. She was just an orphan, always have been and probably always will be. But, that didn't stop the woman from graduating at the top of her class in both high school and college.

"And... the system is now online and operational." Skye announced while finishing typing on the holographic keyboard and looking up at the brothers who smiled at her. They knew that she was the best with computers and hacking than the two of them combined.

"Okay, good. Now, all we have to do is-" Donald started as Douglas finished, both of them now typing on the cyberdesk and pressing buttons, "Finish the interface of the bionic chip that will be going into the robot." They continued to press buttons and the three of them exchanged a look between one another and nodded, "Done."

Donald now held the small chip in his fingers and moved over to the robot on the table in front of them; Douglas moved his hand and now held Skye's hand, glancing over at her as she smiled at him. Donald inserted the chip in the robot circuitry system and switched it on as the robot powered on.

"Did you program it yet, Skye?" Donald questioned the girl beside his brother. Skye simply gave him a look and remarked sarcastically, a sweet smile on her lips, "No, I just left the robot with the freewill to destroy all of us with his bionics." Donald held up his hands in surrender but smiled in amusement.

"Okay, show us what you've got." Douglas told the now bionic robot as it super speeded around the room and then stopped in front of them. The three scientists replied in amazement, sharing a look between one another, "Wow, it actually worked."

Donald moved over to a separate table and wrote down some more notes as Douglas and Skye kissed while Douglas held her in his arms happily. "This calls for a celebration." Donald spoke back up, pulling something out from behind the table that he was at and moved over to the other two people in the lab.

"With a bottle of champagne. Wow, classy." Skye commented in amusement. Donald rolled his eyes but smiled as Douglas pulled out three glasses.

The three friends clanked their glasses and took a sip of their champagne. "You know what? Since robots will just burn out quickly, why don't we just implant our bionic technology into humans?" Douglas wondered aloud, setting his cup aside as did the other two.