Leo vs Evil

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Skye walked with her birth mother up the hill as both stopped and looked at the view of the mountain in front of them.

"I want to know where you're from," Jiaying began, "Did you have any friends?"

"At S.H.I.E.L.D? Yeah, they're like family. Or they were," Skye admitted.

"Until you changed? They sent agents after you." Jiaying replied.

"I don't know what happened. I know I impaled a guy." Skye sighed as the woman beside her added, "Who shot at you."

"No. I lost control," Skye argued.

"Do you understand your gift?" Jiaying asked as Skye looked at her in amusement and answered, "I... make things shake?"

Jiaying laughed, saying, "Well, not really. Everything's shaking already, vibrating at its own natural frequency." She gestured to a stone in her hand before continuing, "This stone, the wood in the trees-- I believe you can learn to sense those frequencies around you and resonate with them so that not everything is shaking, only what you choose."

"Sense a frequency," Skye nodded, "How do I do that?"

Jiaying chuckled and admitted, "I don't know. I'm not the one with the gift. I just work here."

"You think I can hear the stone?" Skye started and reluctantly took the stone in her hand into her own hand, closing it tightly around the stone and shutting her eyes.

Skye inhaled deeply and heard a warbling sound before opening her eyes and gasping some, saying, "Whoa. You've got to be kidding me." She chuckled.

"Can you hear it?" Jiaying curiously asked.

"No, not the stone. The mountain," Skye admitted, "It's the loudest thing here."

Jiaying chuckled and started, "Well, now take that frequency and see if you can amplify it."

Skye shook her head slowly and murmured, "The last time I did something like this, a lot of people got hurt."

"You can't hurt the mountain," Jiaying gently stated, "And you're not gonna hurt me. Don't be afraid."

Skye nodded, took a deep breath, and closed her eyes while moving her hand forward, palm facing the mountain. A rumbling began to sound as she opened her eyes and noticed an avalanche happening.

They both chuckle as Skye spoke up in awe, "I moved a mountain." She looked over at her birth mother who replied, "Remember that feeling. It's not something to be afraid of."

***

Skye appeared on the porch of the Davenport-Dooley house by Gordon and entered inside, noticing Donald fixing himself a glass of water at the kitchen counter. "Hey."

"Hey, you're back," Donald replied and add, stepping over to her, "Did training go well that good or that bad?"

Skye tilted her head on both sides and smiled, proudly saying, "I caused an avalanche."

"Is that a good thing?" Donald curiously inquired.

"Yeah, it's good," Skye replied while folding her arms across her chest and kept her smile on her face.

Inhuman💖Douglas Davenportजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें