Sink or Swim

✖✖✖✖

Skye woke up inside of a cell that inhibits her powers; Plus, she had two metal cuffs on each of her gauntlets around her wrists, preventing her from using her abilities.

"Oh, good. You're awake." She heard Douglas speak up as he stepped over to her.

"Mind lending me a hand on getting these things off?" Skye remarked, clanking the metal cuff part of the gauntlets on the metal bars in front of her.

Douglas chuckled, saying, "Sorry, Sweetheart. This is for your own good. Like I said, I can't have you getting in our way of fulfilling our plan."

"Our?" Skye repeated before realizing and letting out, "The one who broke you out of that cell in Donald's warehouse."

"Yeah. Victor Krane. He believed in me and invested in my technology- with him getting bionics implanted in him as well." Douglas nodded, telling some information about the mysterious partner of his.

Skye lifted an eyebrow but changed the topic instead, saying, "Where are the kids? What did you do?"

"Don't worry, my love, I haven't got them yet. They're still hidden and wherever they went." Douglas assured, "But, as soon as they activate their GPS signals, the sooner I'll know their location and can get them."

Skye pulled at the bars desperately, letting out, "Leave them alone. You already have me here."

Douglas stepped closer, the bars preventing them from being even closer, as he replied, "But I need them as well."

Skye searched his eyes to find some trace of the good man that he once was, the man that she had fell in love with.

She could see a trace of that good man in his hazel eyes but he was distant.

"Douglas..." Skye softly began, "Please. Let this go."

Douglas reached his hand in between two bars and held her hand, squeezing it slightly. "No."

Skye lowered her head and let out a sigh, taking a step back before murmuring, "I love you. I always have and- and I always will. I hate you sometimes, but in the end..."

Douglas glanced down at the floor and looked back up at her, saying with a small smirk, "I love you, too. And for that, I have to do this."

Skye watched him leave into the other part of the room inside of the warehouse they was at.

She inhaled deeply and leaned against the wall, sliding down it until she sat on the floor, staring at nothing particular.

She hoped her family was having better luck than her being trapped in a cell by Douglas and his partner who are both after her kids.

***

"So this is where we'll be hiding from my brother. What do you think?" Douglas disguised as Donald said, as Adam, Bree, and Chase walked in behind him.

"I think we should update our tetanus shots." Bree remarked.

"Hey, where's Leo and Skye? You said they would be here." Chase said while looking around the room.