Perry 2.0

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Skye stood on the outside of the cell that held a very frozen Douglas Davenport. She was going to say goodbye, debating on whether or not she should let him go completely.

He was the first person she truly let in her life, was the first person she truly ever loved, and yet, he kept making the wrong choice and choosing evil over everything else.

Skye meant what she said to him back in that tent during the avalanche- every single word. She did forgive him.

But to forget all of the hurt that he's caused her and her family? That is a bit more difficult to do for her.

"It's safer for you to be in here, Dougie. For you and... everyone," Skye let out and nodded somewhat, "Yeah... So, I guess, this is goodbye."

She turned her back on his cell and began to walk away and left out of the room.

***

Skye entered the lab to find Leo and Chase doing their homework at the cyber desk as she moved over to them. "Hey, boys, what's up?"

"Our textbooks are really old," Leo complained while briefly flipping through his book.

Chase pointed out towards his birth mom, saying, "Yeah, read what's on page forty-seven in my history book."

Skye glanced at the page curiously with lifted eyebrows and nodded while Leo scoffed and also pointed out, "I don't have a page forty-seven. I have a four, a twelve, a thirty-two, and what I hope is gum on ninety-eight."

Skye looked at what the frail boy was talking about on page ninety-eight and remarked in slight disgust, "Yeah, that's not gum, Kid."

Leo cringed as Chase commented, "This book is so old. Listen to this. Chapter Four: Horseless Carriages Taking Over the Streets of America."

"Other schools teach on laptops and tablets," Leo sighed, "We're reading from textbooks that warn us the British are coming."

Skye nodded in agreement, saying, "What your school needs is to update to the twenty-first century." She glanced down at their old books and added, "Even if it's getting newer textbooks."

Chase gave the woman in between them a confused yet curious look and asked, "And how do you suppose we do that?"

That's when Donald entered the lab and replied, "Oh, maybe I can help."