Bro Down

✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Well, the bruising has started to fade, though I'm afraid these stress fractures will require a bit more time to heal." Donald started as he examined the bruises on Skye's arms from her powers being directed inward unintentionally.

"Great. Tried to go zen to keep my powers in check only to find myself- ahh-" Skye replied with a grunt as Donald tightened the new healing black gauntlets around her wrists, "Back on the D.L."

"The Down Low?" Donald asked in confusion as Skye clarified, "The Disabled List."

"Oh. Oh, yeah. That makes more sense." Donald commented.

Skye turned the gauntlets on and felt the slightly squeezing sensation from it. "Yeah, and now I'm all..." She held up her wrists that was covered by the gauntlets as a gesture.

"You know, it could just be growing pains-- from the new powers." Donald wondered aloud.

"It's okay, Big D. You don't have to put a positive spin on this." Skye remarked.

"I'm not doing that. I would never patronize the- Well the-" Donald started and sighed somewhat, "Things change. That's what I'm saying. So maybe if you can learn to control this, then... you could have superhero-level powers like in those comic books. Like Tetron. But we also have to keep in mind your unstable nature of your newfound power..."

"Yeah." Skye murmured.

"But I have been working around the clock on something for you. These will cut your recovery time in half." Donald began and opened up a briefcase to reveal a pair of rubber-like gauntlets.

"How do they work? Is that an 'on' switch?" Skye wondered as she picked them up carefully.

"The internal wiring emits a surge of electricity to inhibit your powers." Donald started to explain.

"So these take my powers away?" Skye asked him.

"More like decrease their magnitude to keep you from hurting yourself." Donald answered, "Like I said, I want you to heal."

"Seems like a no-brainer." Skye murmured as Donald added, "But this is your call."

Skye glanced up from the improved gauntlets in her hands and at him. "What do you mean? Are there side effects?"

"A few."

"Are these gloves really my best option?" She inquired as he answered, "I can't answer that question for you, Skye."

"Stop. Stop being this scientist inventor guy for just one second. Please. We've been through way too much together. I just need you to be my friend right now. What would you do if you were me?" Skye replied.

"I don't know. This is new uncharted waters to me, Skye. But if anybody can find a way through them, it's you." Donald answered, "Because you're one of the few people I know I can trust."

Skye sighed and slid off the old gauntlets and put on the new ones. "They're a little snug." They glowed some after she turned them on and then took a small step back, "Whoa. Are they supposed to make you feel a little woozy? Is that one of those side effects?"