Face Off

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Daisy stood in front of Donald as she helped him now finish getting ready for their business meeting; He was dressed in a nice suit.

"Well, how do I look?" Davenport asked, briefly fixing his collar on his shirt.

"Like an important successful man. You look sharp, Don." Daisy commented as he nodded and replied a thanks when Leo and Douglas then walked into the room.

"Wow. Looking sharp, Big D." Leo spoke up, "People will almost take you seriously in that suit."

Daisy held back a wince as she gripped the back of a chair in front of her, pain doubling through her whole right side.

"Well, we gotta go. We're having a big board meeting to discuss the future of Davenport Industries, and we want to get there early so we can lower everyone else's chairs." Donald replied.

"Fill us in. What are your plans for the future?" Douglas spoke up then, stopping the other two adults.

"Major changes, but you boys have to wait and find out like everybody else." Daisy simply replied as if she wasn't hurting, now stepping over to the door as did Donald.

"Wait. Daisy is going to? How come she gets to go?" Leo questioned her and then Davenport.

"Because she knows her science-- and a genius." Douglas and Donald answered in unison with Donald adding, "Too, she's my VP."

"Hey, would you look at that? I finally managed to get them to agree on something and also finish their sentences at the same time." Daisy pointed out in amusement.

"We'll see you guys later. Come on, sister." Davenport commented, exiting the house.

Daisy stopped before leaving and then pulled her boyfriend into a long kiss as he kissed her back, the two parting now.

"Don't get into trouble while we're not here," Daisy told them and then left out of the house and caught up to Davenport, the two now leaving to go to the meeting.

***

After work, Daisy was now inside of hers and Douglas's bedroom as she sat at her desk, her legs against her chest.

She was reminiscing as she stared at the photo in her hands.

It was a family picture of the trio, Leo, Donald, Tasha, herself, and even Douglas.