Trucked Out

✖️✖️✖️✖️

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Skye waited by their car beside Donald as they waited for Adam to finish his driver's test. Donald glanced over at her and looked away as she narrowed her eyes and looked at him, saying, "What?"

"You look good," Donald started.

"I always look good," Skye smirked with a small, amused scoff. "Why?"

"No, I mean, you don't have that sad look in your eyes anymore, and you just don't seem so, I don't know, broken anymore..." Donald corrected himself, "You look better."

"Well, if you tell yourself that you're the best over and over again, you start to believe it," Skye slightly joked, "Which will build your confidence up and then you'll be able to do anything you set your mind to."

"Yeah, alright," Donald nodded slowly, "But you never told me what you were so heartbroken over-"

"I don't want to talk about that," Skye cut him off, "Please. I-I can finally sleep without waking up in the middle of the night because of what happened... I'll tell you when I'm ready. Okay?"

"Okay." Donald agreed and squeezed her shoulder in his hand in assurance, "I'm just glad you're okay."

"I know, brother," Skye smiled which made him smile also.

The two adults then noticed Adam step out of the building with a proud look and moved over to them. "You pass?" Donald asked in surprise.

"Yeah!" Adam grinned and held up his new license in his left hand, "They even said I made a really high score- A 96!"

"Awesome, Adam," Skye congratulated and the two of them hugged happily, "I'm proud of you, Kiddo."

"Thanks, Skye," Adam replied.

"Now, Davenport's gonna have to buy you a car-" Skye reminded Adam of their deal.

Donald leaned over to the woman slightly and whispered, "I didn't think he'd pass."

"Fair enough," She shrugged and followed after Adam who had sat down in the driver's seat of the car, set on driving them home.

Donald was fixing to object but Skye allowed it. After all, she figured Adam would need more experience behind the wheel before driving all by himself.

After two wrong turns and fifteen minutes later, they pulled up into the driveway of the Dooley-Davenport house and exited the car.