Chapter 1

Liam Payne was entering MI6 secret headquarters in London, he had just wrapped up his most recent mission - which involved a crazy old woman and disappearing children - and was about to leave to go home when Eleanor Calder (MI6's secretary) stopped him to give him some terrible news. "Mr. Payne-" she started, "Just Liam," he corrected politely. "Right, Liam," she said, "I um, I have some news. You might want to sit down for this." she looked worried and it scared Liam, although you wouldn't be able to tell, for he showed no emotion, all the years he had spent as a spy had given him an almost permanent poker face. "What happened?" he asked impatient for an answer. Eleanor led him over to a light grey couch by his muscular arm so that he could sit down, and after some protesting, he did. After he sat, she continued talking. "Mr. Pay...Liam," she corrected herself this time. "It's about your brother," Liam stayed silent. El stood there, waiting for him to ask what happened, freak out, maybe even scream, but he didn't. He simply stood up and calmly left the building. Eleanor was quite thrown off but simply let him do as he wished, concerned he didn't want to learn more.

He got into his black Audi that he had received from MI6, and drove the short, 6 minute drive home at a speed that was clearly illegal, though he couldn't bring himself to care. When Liam walked inside of his small, third floor flat, his friend, roommate, and fellow spy, Louis Tomlinson, was waiting for him in their living room. "I'm sorry about your brother," Louis said quite cautiously as soon as Liam had shut their front door behind him. Liam, enraged, picked up a vase of flowers that sat on the small, glass table, just inside the door, and threw it at the wall. The moment it made contact, it shattered into a thousand pieces. "He's gone! The only family I had left is gone!" Liam shouted, then collapsed onto the floor, his knees to his chest and his head in his hands, and burst into tears. Louis was the only one who ever saw Liam's true emotions. Louis looked at Liam confused. "Gone?" he questioned. "Liam, what exactly did El tell you?" Louis asked. "She said she had bad news about my brother," Liam gasped out in between sobs. "Oh Liam you idiot, Harry isn't dead, he-" Louis started before being interrupted by a suddenly very excited and happy Liam, "He's not?!" Liam yelled, jumping up so he was standing again, and wiping the tears from his eyes with the back of his hands. "No you big doof, maybe stick around long enough to get all of the information eh?" Louis answered, then paused before continuing cautiously, "But he has been kidnapped," Louis finished. Liam's face fell, "No! No no no no no no," he said, "This can't be happening. They are probably torturing him for information about me. Slicing and poking and prodding. And of course he knows nothing. He doesn't know I'm an agent. He doesn't know I live in London. He thinks I'm dead for goodness sake! What am I gonna tell him now? That is if I even get him back safely. Oh, this is all my fault," Liam said as his anger turned into sadness and then regret. Liam then burst into tears again, so Louis sat him down on the couch and started rubbing his back to calm him down. Even to Louis this was a lot of emotion from Liam. Harry must really mean a lot to him.

A/N: So this is the first chapter to my first fanfic! Sorry if its crap. And yes Harry is Liam's brother in this story. I don't know' it just seemed to work. [Edited] -Sara.xx