Boxing

-Okay, enough talking about me, tell me about you... You said you graduated last year... What are you doing now?- I asked Jack, wanting to know him better.
-I'm studying business and management... You know, I've always wanted to run a business like my father is doing with the Armybomb- He explained and I saw that spark in his eyes while he was talking about it.
He must be really into that kind of stuff. I mean, I can see him as a business man, he has that professional look.
-Oh, that's cool... Knowing what you want to do in your life...- I said and my tone changed from enthusiastic to melancholic before I knew.
-You don't know what you want to do?- He asked, understanding my weakness.
-Yeah, the down side of having so many interests, I suppose... I mean, every time I try something new I think that's what I want to do, so now I have like thousands of stuff that I want to do but I don't know which one is the one... Sorry, I'm rambling...- I apologized, feeling sorry for having turned the atmosphere into a sad one.
-No, don't be sorry... It actually makes sense, but you still have a year to decide, so you don't have to worry about it... And even if you won't be able to decide, you can always take some time off to think about it or maybe you can go and try everything... One of them must work!- He said, making me laugh.
-You know, you're good at giving advices...- I told him.
-Yeah I know- He said, feeling himself.
I laughed and hit his arm across the table.

-Shina, did you hear?- Yuna touched my shoulder to get my attention. Chris and her had been talking while Jack and I were doing the same so I didn't hear whatever she was talking about.
-What?-
-Chris said he boxes and I told him I'm a huge fan of boxing but he doesn't believe me! He thinks I'm saying it just to get him to like me!- She said, trying to sound upset.
-And there's clearly no need to, since I already like you way too much- He said, smiling softly to her and I have to admit that even if I wasn't the one he was saying it to, I still felt flustered.
Must be nice to hear this kind of stuff, Yuna is lucky... What? What am I saying? I don't want a boyfriend...

-Chris, she's not lying, she goes crazy for boxing... She literally forced me to see some matches even though I'm not really into it... No offence!- I said, honestly, remembering those times when I had to watch those people punching each other. And even though I didn't enjoy it, I was still there, asking Yuna about the rules. Me and my obsession for learning.
-Are you serious?- Chris was really surprised.
-I told you! Why do you believe her and not me?!- Yuna said, trying to look offended, but she really couldn't manage to be mad at Chris.
-I'm so sorry, it's just that I haven't met any woman that likes this stuff... I mean they say it's cool when I tell them, but they have no idea what it is really about, they think it's just boys punching each other in the face, when there's much more to it than that...- It seemed like he read my mind and I shivered, smiling awkwardly.
-Well, Yuna knows everything about it, all the rules and stuff...- I told him, still trying to help my cousin. She smiled at me and nodded to confirm what I was saying.
-I'm an hard core fan... I mean I could talk to you about my favorite matches for hours...- She said and I knew she could.
-Yeah, she's really not joking Chris... You better don't test her!- I said to him, hoping he would stop her from starting an endless monologue.
-Wait, I have an idea... What about I show you where I practice?- Chris said.
-What? Really? Will you also show me how you practice?- She said wiggling her eyebrows.
-I mean, why not...- He answered, doing the same thing with his eyebrows.
Wow, if these two are not made for each other I really don't know who is!
-Guys, what about you? Are you coming?- Chris asked me and Jack.
-We don't have to...- Jack told me, but I didn't really want to stay alone with him, it would have felt more like a date and it definitely wasn't.
-Mmm, no, it's fine, we can go with them-
-Great, let's go!- Chris said, standing up.

And 20 minutes later we were in front of a gym.
-It's still opened? Isn't it a bit late?- My cousin asked.
-Yeah, well, technically it's closed, but the owner doesn't mind if someone of his favorite kids comes after-hours... Like Justin and me...-
Say what?!?! Who?! No no no! Not Justin! Is he here?! I can't get in!

-Come on, let's go- Chris said, while I was still frozen, probably with a shocked face.
-Are you coming?- Jack asked me, when he saw I wasn't moving.
-Uhmm, yeah...- I couldn't say no now, after agreeing to come.
Calm down, Shina, maybe he's not here. You can't be that unlucky, right?

We entered the place, there were dim lights, which was kinda creepy. Nothing but a heavy breathing and a few other noises could be heard. We walked further and now we could see the huge room where there was the ring and punching bags hung around it.
There was no one a part from two people practicing on the ring. One was wearing some boxing gloves, while the other, who probably was the coach, was training him. They were doing some sequences, I think, and the lack of proper lighting was keeping me from seeing their faces clearly.

-Coach! I brought some friends, do you mind?-
When Chris spoke to the man, they stopped what they were doing and it was then, when they turned our way, that the light hit their faces. And I regretted all my life decisions.