63 - Preparations

In your eyes, there's a heavy blue
One to love and one to lose
Sweet divide, a heavy truth
Water or wine, don't make me choose

 Wanna feel the way that we did that summer night (night)
Drunk on a feeling, alone with the stars in the sky. - Wolves - Selena Gomez ft. Marshmello

Vincent's POV

It's happening. A war is coming, and we have to prepare.

I look around the council chambers, surprised at the sheer amount of people in here. Most of those who live at the Hollow, every close werewolf pack and vampire coven - including mine and Caleb's - are here, as well as the entire hybrid village.

It's stuffed in here to say the least, but that isn't really a problem. The problem is Elijah and his large mutated wolf and vampire army that is marching to us as we speak. The scouts from the village said that its still taking some time for his army to reach us considering its size. It's worrying, but we have a lot of allies with us, and with Davyna being able to turn loyalties, I'm sure we will have some of Elijah's own army fighting with us as well, including the ones she already turned. They're standing with us now as the council addresses everyone.

They've moved down from their pedestals, and have chosen to stand and everyone's level. Smart move in my opinion. These people are fighting on your behalf and request. Showing them respect is a good start. The council took the information of Elijah's pending attack well, and pardoned Davyna as Asher confessed everything upon his return. Thankful that is out of the way and we can focus on what is coming.

The initial shock of the attack has worn off, the first bit of this meeting was agreeably chaotic. But now we're in the midst of making an attack plan.

"We shouldn't attack them head on, they'll be expecting that." Caleb states and I nod.

"I agree, some should stay back to make sure the tide stays in our favour." I say as I meet Caleb's gaze.

"Us from the village will stay back. It's very likely Elijah doesn't know we have decided to help you. Our kin may be the reason he is attacking, but he could be under the impression she still doesn't know of us and wouldn't be expecting our help." Elder Morrowen states as he glances at Davyna.

She locks eyes with Morrowen as she makes her own statement. "I'm not staying back. He wants me. If I am not in sight, he will question it. If we want to have the upper hand, he needs to think he has it. Mislead him and then go in for the slaughter."

I don't like the idea of Davyna being on the battlefield, but she's made a point. Elijah has been solely focused on her and creating beings like her to take over everyone else. If she isn't there, he will know something is amiss. That could turn the entire outcome of the battle.

Elijah isn't stupid, he's managed to get this far and hid his true intentions. We didn't catch onto it until later, and even then we still don't know everything.

I clear my throat. "Caleb, Sage, Marcella and myself will be with Davyna at the front lines. We are her mates and protectors. We have an edge up on most here due to the rituals performed at the village. We can keep Elijah and his closest soldiers busy while the rest of you take out the larger numbers."

"It's a sound plan, son." My father says as he glances towards me. "Is anyone opposed?"

Silence.

"Very well. Elder Morrowen, please have your scouts continue to track Elijah's movements and give us estimations on how much time we have. From today on, we are training, honing our skills and preparing to fight for our home. Everyone will have lodging here. The Hollow is open to you all. Dismissed."