55 - Turning Sage

So leave the lights on I'm coming home
It's getting darker but I carry on
The sun won't shine here, it never did
And when it rains, it fucking pours
But I think I like it
And you know that I'm love with the pain
I think I like it. - Doomed - Bring Me The Horizon

Davyna's POV

I look at Sage, my eyes wide as saucers. I stutter. "Yo..you want me to what?" Sage exhales shakily, clearly shaken with her request.

"I want to be turned. I don't want to be a human anymore." She looks at me, her eyes watering. I place my hands on her shoulders, trying to keep my tone as calm as possible. I'm shocked, but I can't go off the deep end at her. There has to be a reason.

"Can I ask why?" I question. I see her lower lip quiver as she prepares to answer me. There's a moment of silence as I give her the time to form her thoughts and then she sighs heavily before speaking.

"We've been together since we were kids. We've always supported each other, held each other up when either of us needed it. I respect you immensely, and I understand if you don't want to, but I want to continue supporting you in the best way I can and I feel that turning me can help me do that."

"Sage.." I start to say and she cuts me off. "I also refuse to be used against you in anyway because I can't properly defend myself in this world. If any enemy of yours or even Caleb's or Vincent's learned of my relationship to you, I could be used to put you in a situation where you would have to choose, and my life would be threatened. I will not, I repeat will not allow that to happen. It upsets me that you will constantly have to look out for me and my well being and not focus on yourself."

I sit back, resting against the arm of the couch, completely stunned with her answer. I mean she isn't wrong, we've always been around each other and she's my best friend. I would not have gotten through my earlier hardships without her. Hell, she even helped when it came to Vincent and Caleb. My heart pains at the thought of her being hurt because of me, or her being put in any type of danger.

I look to Caleb and Vincent. "Can I even do what she's asking?" They nod.

"You can, love. Declan said that you have the ability to, just as any supernatural." Vincent replies softly.

I turn back to face Sage and I grasp her hands lightly and pull her attention to me. "You really want this?" She nods intently.

"Okay. I'll do it."

She looks at me and gasps lightly. "Really?" I smile at her. "Yes. I understand your fear, and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I refused you and something ended up happening to you. There might not be any immediate danger right now, but the future is unpredictable."

She collides with me, hugging me tightly. "Thank you, Davyna. Thank you." I hug her back and I ask her, "What were you thinking? Vampire or Werewolf?"

"Werewolf." She says with no hesitation as she pulls away from our embrace.

"Good choice." Caleb says and he smirks. "Joking aside, I feel a wolf would suit you best Sage."

"Okay. It's settled then. I'll do it as soon as I can, most likely tomorrow before my training gets too intense. Also, it's probably best if all of us are here anyways in case of any complications."

"Good point, love." Vincent replies and I yawn, the events of the day clearly catching up to me.

"I think I need some sleep."

"Of course! We will see you tomorrow. Love you girl." Sage says as she hugs me again.

"See you. Love you too!!" I watch as her and Marcella leave and I lean back into the couch sighing loudly.