28 - Filling Her In

One world, illusion's contradiction
We blindfold our own eyes
And believe their velvet lies
This is a step towards tomorrow
The truth of what we will become
A director's cut, never seen the daylight
An initiated Armageddon
A covert deceiving begun
So close to define
What you have to sacrifice. - Director's Cut - Amaranthe

Davyna's POV

I hear muffled voices as I start to come to. I sit up and open my eyes, rubbing them to try and focus. I notice I'm back in my own room. What happened? I remember the headache, but I must have passed out.

"Caleb? Vincent?" I call out and my door opens and both my mates come in with worried looks on their faces. They come sit at the end of the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Vincent says as he feels my forehead. "Your fever is gone now, thankfully."

"I'm okay. I just feel a bit groggy, but the pain is gone." Caleb lets out a breath. "You had us so worried. Sage said this has happened before." I nod. "Yeah, its actually happened a few times but it didn't feel anything like what just happened today. How long was I out for?" I ask, not sure if I really want to know.

Vincent answers me. "It's almost 9pm. You've been out for about 5 or so hours."

"5 HOURS?!" I exclaim. "You both are leaving soon, aren't you? So much for spending time with you beforehand. I'm sorry." Caleb grabs my chin lightly and looks me straight in the eye. "We enjoyed what time we did get with you today. You don't need to apologize."

"We're just glad you're alright. Do you have any idea what could be causing these headaches?" Vincent asks as he brushes my hair out of my face. I shake my head. "Not really...they only started after I came here..." I pause to think.

"I think they started after Sage got here, I hadn't really noticed anything out of the ordinary."

"So it must be something relating to the three of us and our mate bonds then. That's the only major change that has occurred since you've arrived here." Vincent states calmly.

I see Caleb and Vincent look at each other for a few minutes, and then I clear my throat. "Whatever you're talking about in mind-link you can include me. I'm not going to break." They both look at me with apologetic faces. "Okay, love." Vincent pauses for a slight moment and then continues, "We've still got a couple hours before we leave, so if you're okay with it Davyna, I think it's best we talk this out and try to figure out our situation. I don't feel comfortable leaving you with so much up in the air. Especially when we don't know how long we're going to be gone for."

I nod. "I'm okay with that. I just need a snack and some water first." A few moments later, Marcella and Sage walk in with water, a cup of peppermint tea and a bag of BBQ chips. That's Sage's doing. BBQ chips are my weakness!

They sit on either side of me, putting my water and tea down on my nightstands, and then the bag of chips goes right in my lap, courtesy of Sage. I smile at her and Marcella. "Thank you."

"No worries, glad you're okay." Marcella says. "We're going to stick around for this conversation. Honestly, because I think we need to be in the loop about this - well especially me since I'll be staying with you while these two butthead lovers of yours are gone." She gestures toward them with her thumb.

I laugh out loud and then clap my hand over my mouth in embarrassment as I just let out a witchy cackle. Geeze. 

Caleb and Vincent turn their heads to look at her, both of them smirking and snickering. "You're so damn funny, Marcella." Caleb says in a mocking tone while he places his head in his hand and lets out a small laugh.

Lovers. I smile at the sentiment of that word. I can't help but think how my future with these two might be like. Bringing myself back to current events, I start to snack on the chips and listen intently to Vincent as he starts to talk. In all honesty, I could listen to him all day.