68 - Wedding Bells

Davyna's POV

"Davyna!"

"Just a minute!" I yell as I stand in the bathroom, fresh from the shower. My hands are shaking slightly as I run my fingers through my wet hair.

I'm getting married today.

I'm nervous. I'm excited.

I'm also saddened by the fact that Matthias isn't here, but I know he would be happy for me. After everything I have endured, it's finally time to bask in the happiness that I have with Vincent and Caleb.

"Davyna, get your ass out here now! It's going to take a good chunk of time getting you ready!!" Sage yells from inside the room.

Sage, Marcella and I ended up staying in Sage's suite for the night after we got back from my bachelorette night of dancing. We didn't go too crazy which I'm thankful for, because I'm already feeling uneasy and this would not bode well for me if I was hungover or tired.

"I swear D...." I hear Sage sigh and a laugh and open the door. "Okay, okay. Sorry."

"Sit in the chair in the living room. Let's get that hair done."

I walk to the chair and plop myself into it and look at myself in the mirror in front of me. I really hope I look better after this process, because with how I look now, sheesh.

Sage comes up behind me and starts to comb my wet curls through with her fingers, separating and detangling them. She then puts in some leave in conditioner, and curl cream to help them hold their shape, while she pins them back in a half updo with a few pieces remaining down in the front to frame my face.

I've maintained my hair length since I cut it so long ago, but I am aching for it to be longer again. The boys still love this length on me, but I know they liked it longer too. Maybe I will grow it out again, but not as a reminder of Klaire. For myself.

I let my thoughts drift to the fact that a family with Vincent and Caleb is starting today. Soon we will be married, and hopefully kids will follow. We're not rushing by any means, but we have felt some disappointment that we haven't conceived yet. My heart pangs at the thought, and my stomach swirls with anxiety.

I bring my attention back to Sage and she now has my hair pinned in place, and she's starting to emphasize my curls by curling them with a curler slightly. I watch her move her hands artfully, bringing my hair to life. She finishes it off with a crystal tiara and the same hairpins we used from Caleb and Vincent's coronation, except they're now at the back of my head.

A thought crosses my mind as she's finishing up. I still have to get a test.

The boys and I said we would test after the wedding today. When am I going to find time to get down to the infirmary to get one? Unless...

"There. Perfection if you ask me." Sage says as she sprays some hairspray over her creation. I look at her in the mirror and smile. "Thank you."

"Of course. Marcella is almost ready and then she will come do you makeup and then go get the boys. I've gotta get myself ready."

She turns and I call out to her. "Sage." I turn in the chair at the exact moment she turns to face me.

"I need you to do me a favour."

"Anything." She eyes me with curiosity.

"Can you go down to the infirmary and get a pregnancy test for me?"

Her eyes widen like saucers and then I hear Marcella exclaim loudly as she enters the room. "Are you pregnant?!"

I turn to look at her and smile. "Not yet. We're trying though."