64b - Swords, Daggers, Clubs

One by one we'll fall
We can't fly before we crawl
One by one we'll fall
We can't fly before we crawl

Let it burn!
Burn to the ground!
I desire to watch you
Burn!
Destroy the crown
From the hate you've tied and bound. - Burn - Kobra and the Lotus

Davyna's POV

I duck quickly as Marcella swipes at me, and jump as Sage tries to knock my feet out from under me. Her, Sage and I have been sparring all day today. Sage has been keeping up well considering she wasn't into athletics in the first place.

The scouts have told us it's only a matter of days before Elijah and his army are within range, so everyone's been pushing harder. We're due to all take a rest day tomorrow to regain strength and get whatever sleep we can.

Us girls are all dripping with sweat as I signal for a break and they nod. We all head over and grab some water and I start to chug my bottle down.

"Slow down, you'll upset your stomach." Sage says and I pace myself better. " I know, I know. Just been working so hard these past few days, plus with nights with the boys, I'm just a bit overworked and so damn thirsty."

They look at me with blank faces. I look between them. "What?"

"Are you having sex with them every night?" Marcella asks and I clear my throat awkwardly. "Uh.. not every night.."

"Are you like insatiable or something?" Sage asks and I slap her arm. "No!, it's just uh..." I trail off, not sure if I'm wanting to reveal our family plans to them just yet. I glance between them awkwardly and just make up an excuse. "We were away from each other for a while during my imprisonment. They're just making up for missed time."

They shrug and get up to stretch and head over to the mats again. Whew, they believed me. Crisis averted. I hope.

I go join them back at the mats and we continue training.

- - -

Vincent's POV

Caleb and I are in our office in our suite, going over the attack plan that was given to everyone.

"It looks good, I mean I don't expect this to go off without a hitch but I'm feeling good about it." I state as Caleb furrows his brow.

"I agree." He puts the papers down and sighs. "I just want this over so we can move forward." I sigh as well. "I hear you. Life with Davyna is perfect. I want it to continue."

"I'm scared she's going to get hurt." Caleb runs his hand through his already messy hair. "I think she's scared we're going to get hurt." I say quietly and he looks at me with sad eyes.

"This war could be a traumatic one." I say as I lean my head back in my chair.

"Let's hope it isn't." Caleb sighs, picking up the papers again.

- - -

Davyna's POV

(2 days later)

Caleb, Vincent, Marcella, Sage and I are all sitting and finishing up our breakfast when an alarm sounds. We all look around at each other and rise to our feet. Thankfully, we're all dressed, so we head down to the council chambers, where everyone else is gathering.

Caleb's father Kellan and Vincent's father Cyrus are standing a step above everyone. They start to speak.

"Elijah's army has now entered the town closest to us. He is coming in behind the compound, through the forest. This is the time. Say what you need to say, do what you need to do." Cryus starts.

"Gather your weapons and yourselves and prepare to fight. We're at war." Kellan finishes, and everyone starts to leave to go get ready. I walk up to the council, including Matthias.

"Dad, you need to stay behind. I say, my tone worried. He nods. "I will be safe, don't worry sweetheart." I look to Caleb and Vincent's parents, and although I hold some resentment towards them for how they treated me, they're still family. It's going to take time to get back to a good relationship with them.

Aside from that, I nod at them. "Stay safe."

"You too, daughter." Cyrus says and I freeze. I give a slight smile as I turn to join up with everyone else. He called me daughter. Maybe there is hope for them yet.

Caleb pulls me into him and nuzzles into my neck. "Don't play the hero okay?" He asks me and I nod. "I won't put myself in danger. I promise. Same goes for the rest of you too." I eye them all and I'm met with many emotions from them.

Worry, fear, sadness.

"Elijah isn't going to get his way. Not if I have anything to do with it." I state, my voice strong and unwavering.

"Let's go get ready."

- - -

I stand in the main area of our suite, completely decked out in my fighter gear I got from my home village. I french braided my hair on either side of my head to get it out of my face, and I'm looking at my weapons laid out on my kitchen counter.

My sword, weighted batons, my wooden quarterstaff, multiple sets of daggers, and a few smaller knives. My entire ensemble is easy to shed with large clasps, in case I decide to shift.

I start to place my weapons in their rightful places in my holster when I hear Caleb and Vincent come out of the bedroom.

I turn, and my god.

Both of them are in their own gear, both black leather ensembles that allow for good movement. Vincent has a staff like me with some daggers as well, and Caleb has a large sword and a club hanging from his side.

They look at me and smile. "You look ready to kick some ass." Caleb says as he pulls me into a quick embrace. I hug him tightly and do the same to Vincent. "I am. I'm more than ready to end this." I turn from them and grab my last dagger and put it in its rightful place on my hip.

"I'm going to kill Elijah today. I swear it."