51 - Sweet Surprise

Always thought impossible
Break the chains of life
What I fought for every day
Could finally come alive
Whatever dreams I longed for
I strove for to defend
Whatever hope that's there for me
Will stay there to the end

There's no trace of yesterday examining my faith
See a starlit hallway for the future I create
Before the darkness gets me I will spread my wings and fly
I transcend from the chaos and the darkness turns to light

This is the time
For chasing my desires
What's in my heart is true
And if my dreams set everything on fire
Then I would still belong to you. - True - Amaranthe

Davyna's POV

The beginning of the night was slow, mainly speeches and the dance performances. The dancers did an amazing job on the choreography, and I swelled with pride knowing I helped create something memorable for the evening.

Finally Caleb, Vincent and I are able to mingle. I sigh and head down to the floor, where I meet up with Sage and Marcella.

"The dances were so good guys. Great work." Sage says and I smile and side hug Marcella. "She did most of the work, but thank you." Marcella squeezes me just as tight. "You still helped. That last routine was definitely the best. Thankful to work with you."

Slow music starts to play from the hired DJ, and I feel hands on my waist. "Can I borrow my mate for a second?" Vincent says over my shoulder, and Sage and Marcella smile and nod. Vincent turns me to face him and takes my hand.

"Dance with me, love." I feel a smile pulling at the corner of my lips and I nod. He pulls me to the dancefloor and places one arm around my waist, pulling me incredibly close to him as his fingers from his other hand trail down from my shoulder and finally resting in my hand. I rest my other arm around his neck. My body is tingling in response to our closeness and I bite back a pleasant sigh. Vincent smirks at me, knowing I am holding back.

We begin to dance, Vincent holding me close and his scent overwhelms my senses. He moves with me expertly around the floor, and it feels as though we're barely moving at all. He leans into my ear. "You are beautiful." His voice is husky, and I can't stop the blush from rushing to my cheeks. He kisses my forehead. "You feeling okay love?" He asks quietly, and I nod quickly. "I feel fine, as close to normal as I can be I guess for tonight. It's what is coming in the future that I'm worried about."

"You will be stable. Caleb and I will go to the ends of the earth to make life comfortable for you." I rest my head on his chest. "I know, and I love you both so much for it. I know we all started on a rocky path, but I have not felt as content as I do when I'm with you and Caleb. You both saved me."

"And you saved us." Caleb says behind us. "Can I cut in?"

"Certainly." Vincent smiles and give me a soft kiss before handing me over to Caleb. We maintain the same dancing positions and continue moving across the floor effortlessly.

"I'm sure Vincent said it already, but you really are beautiful." I roll my eyes. "Never going to get used to the constant compliments."

Caleb chuckles. "Well get used to them, it's not like we're going to stop. We love you, and we love making sure you know how we feel about you. And how you make us feel." He pulls me closer into him and I feel his erection against my thigh. I blush madly and Caleb leans into my ear and nibbles it. "You affect me in ways I never thought possible, and seeing my mark on you only makes it harder." He inhales my scent deeply.

"Mate wants us." I hear Freya say and I internally scoff. They have to wait! But it's not like they haven't held back on their teasing tonight. It's been hard to keep my arousal at bay. I want them, badly.