9. First Compliment

That evening after calming my trembling body, I decided to keep myself safe. Very safe. I accept I never consider assigning a boyfriend for myself, but, it doesn't mean that I will end up being someone's third. Let that person be heavenly good-looking and breathtakingly handsome.

Therefore, I passed a new statute for myself, 'To ignore that psychopath, Dr. Ishaan Sharma.'

The immediate next day, I neither once nor fifty-fifty, had an encounter with him. Even the second day also went the same. I wanted to ignore him but it doesn't mean, that my days go off without having even a single glimpse of his.

Argh! Why am I in confusion? 

Wait!! A week before, I heard him speaking to Dr. Gautham that he might be shifting to Kanpur.

Did he resign, already?  

I wish he shouldn't resign. Not this early. 

While today was the third day and my stupid heart started missing him like... like I dunno, but I really miss that moron. I even dunno 'why do I miss him?' But. I wholeheartedly long to have an encounter with him. At least once.

I stepped inside my department. It's ten past nine and starting time for O.P.D. There were a few patients who stood in front of the nurse station noting their entry. While meandering to the last, empty cabin to take my position and start my O.P.D. duty, a familiar tall, broad figure dressed in greyish-black formal shirt tucked-in light grey trousers came out of a cabin. That white apron, hanging around his right forearm and stethoscope around his neck gave him a cool and smart look.

"Dr. Ishaan" I mumbled. 

While closing his cabin door behind him, his big, ash-brown eyes searched the source of the voice and meet my scintillating and enamored eyes. Watching him after a couple of days, a cold, warm, and freezing sensation of serenity and bliss emanated inside my heart. He stood gazing at me silently as he did on that day after cleaning my eyes in the storeroom. In lieu of him being cold, frigid, and calculating with me, I still wanted his existence around me. A week has passed since he entered my life and was adequately enough for us to built up memories in this hospital. 

"Excuse me... Doctor!" A high-pitched and ringing voice of Dr. Prakash, our department's assistant doctor interrupted our gazing session.

Dr. Ishaan gaped at me from top to bottom then turned his head away.

"Y-yes sir," I responded turning around. 

"You are in O.P.D. for today?"

"Yes sir."

"Ok. Then start checking patients. If you have any doubts, come to me. I will be in my cabin." He informed and walked inside his cabin.

I turned back.

Dr. Ishaan stood in the same position with a stiff posture and blank face as usual like respirating mannequin. Stupid cardboard.... can't he just gleam or at least beam. Hash! my expectations are really sounding out of limits. Sun will rise from the west, but this man's lips will never rise to smile.

"What?" He asked.

"What?" I asked back.

"I think you were the one, who called me!?!?" 

Oh! He heard me, does he has an elephant ear?

"I... Um..." Why am I hesitating now? Should I say to him that I missed him? 

Dear me, remember the statute...  'ignore the psychopath.'

"Doctor, speak, I have to go for rounds," he irked glancing at his wristwatch. Huh! I forgot he is Dr. Ishaan Sharma. Professional man.