39. Indignation, Curiosity, and Guilty.

Ishaan's POV:

Emptiness and darkness held me captive for many years. It's because of Ishika, they seemed to disappear and piled my life with her love, innocence, and cuteness. I trusted her, more than anything, but the treachery, disloyalty, and deception she gave me this morning not only crushed the pile of love she built but also spread the poison of hurt in my body that indeed broke me and my dreams. And once again I am finding me and my thoughts to go back in that similar darkness and emptiness. And. This time it's deeper than before.

The whole fucking day passed out and I didn't receive even a call or at least a text of apology from her. Neither did I found her in the ward nor the O.P.D. Maybe she was with Sahil, the whole day. Eventually, thoughts of Ishika and Sahil being intimate possessed me like a swarm of ants attacking a sugar cube. That troubled me till dickens. It devastated me. She disvalued me and my love. I will never forgive her, I will never let her back in my life. 

It's five in the evening, I hit my car's engine directing my way to my home but the weakness began to overwhelm me halted my car in front of the kiosk and bought the packet, that said tobacco kills.  And I sat on the place, where she used to comments as our little make-out place, and lit my first cigarette. 

For the millionth time I said to her don't be near Sahil, don't let him touch. And she did exactly the opposite to me. She lied to me, she keeps lying to me. She wants him. And I like mad dog keeps barking in front of her to avoid him.  

 Tobacco didn't help me and the image of Ishika sitting with Sahil, hand-on-hand killed me more than anything and landed my butt on the chair in front of a bar counter. It was dark, crowded. I ordered two shots to begin with. I just emptied one shot and Roshni's number buzzed in my mobile. There was an emergency laparoscopic surgery to be operated on and she required my help. And that made me lift my ars off of that chair, hit my car engine, and drove back to the hospital. 

And while scrubbing, Roshni intend to poke me, "so, only dating or you both gonna get married?" she asked with good intentions but my heart burned, smoldered, remembering my decision of getting married in two weeks, of which one has passed and the other will be a grieve of our breakup. The number increased to ten shots, after the surgery. "I should say, you are lucky, when you were weak and hurt, she didn't leave your side." That diverted my pessimism to optimism, just for a span of a moment. 

"Hmm..."

She knitted her brows and smiled studying my ill-tempered mood and pushed herself inside the operating room through the double-wing metal doors.

While operating, automatically I got indulged into the innocent and puerile thoughts of our first-night duty. Especially that one when she followed me in the male changing room. She was cute, naughty, and irritative. 

And the soft impact of Ishika Mishra on me is huge. Huge enough to make me step out of the operation theatre at mid-surgery, pull out my mobile from the pocket of O.T. trousers, and dial her number. I exhaled, my self-esteem popped in my mien and before that inanimate gadget began ringing, my right middle finger poked the red button.

**********

Ishika's Pov:

Everything was calm, peaceful, pleasant. There's silence. Utter silence. But, something was not good with me, I felt exhausted, worn out. I felt heavy, my muscles ached, and my neck pained. My eyes felt sore, though opened them slowly rolling my eyeballs behind the lid. A bright light stroke directly into my eyes, which caused my whimper to come as a muffle and I shut with a fear I might go blind with further exposure. I sensed my whole body to be clamped and locked. No motions. No movements. I wanted to yell, but couldn't. I tilt my head down and opened my eyes slowly, then blinked a couple of times till they get adapted to that bright light.