Ishaan-Before we met.

It was the day to visit my friend in Agra. Whilst the friend was double my age.

Mr. Yash Mishra. He was a great man with a kind heart. I accidentally encounter him on my way from Kanpur to Lucknow. My dad was born in Kanpur, he had a dream to build a hospital for the poor in Kanpur but to earn money he shifted to Lucknow. Lucknow turned out to be our home. I met Adi in my kindergarten. Since then we are childhood close best friends forever. The only friend I gave importance to.

I never date a female, it's not like I had any shortage. The thing is I had no time for those all things as I was dedicated to achieving my dreams. Don't doubt my sexuality. I am clear and interested in only females.

But I want someone, who is mature and even spiritual. Someone if I lay my eyes on her, I should find compatibility with her.

Somehow I got attracted to this female. Ishika Mishra. Uncle Yash's only daughter. She was hardworking, ambitious, and single. The way he used to narrate about her, I apprehended what were uncle Yash's intentions. He wanted me to date his daughter. 

And why shouldn't he? I am a laparoscopic surgeon and was going to inaugurate my hospital.

Well, those were his silent intentions. He didn't let out those words in front of me anytime. My granny and Anu also forced me to think once about her. Moreover, it's because of the stimuli I attended this lunch. In other words, I don't waste my time visiting others.

I pressed the buzzer of Uncle Yash's house.

He opened the door and welcomed "Thanks for coming Ishaan." He took me to the living room and made me sit on the couch. His house was bigger than mine and even elegant.

Mrs. Mishra came and greeted me. But I was curious to see only one person that's Ishika Mishra. Though I know her father for two years, I never saw her. Neither in person nor pictures.

"Why don't you call Ishika?" For a second, I felt like I came as a suitor to their daughter.

Hearing her name my head tilted at Mrs. Mishra. She parted her lips and stared at her husband with terror as he ordered her to get a satan out of clave.

"She is studying. You know right, she is passionate about her studies!"

"Oh!!!" he exclaimed, narrowing his brows at her.

Simultaneously, a female probably their maid came to announce, "Lunch is ready.".

"Let's go." They took me to the dining table. To begin with, a maid served me an appetizer. Meanwhile, we spoke about my hospital.

"I am happy to see you, Ishaan. Yash always speaks about you. Indeed he is proud of you. You claimed your aim at a very young age."

"Thank you." I thanked her.

"Can you call Ishika?" Uncle Yash said to one of the maids.

"Honey, why don't you go and get her?" Mrs. Mishra responded.

What's wrong with them? Why is she so frightened of her daughter?

"Ok!" he sighed and drop his fork on the plate. "I will be back in a minute,"  he informed me before leaving the dining table.

"She listens only to her father." Mrs. Mishra replied with a bit of uneasiness. It seems like Ishika Mishra is a monster. "So when is the hospital's inauguration?"

"In two months," I replied. "food is really tasty!" I commented that made her happy.

"What's wrong with you Dada?" I heard a cute but annoying voice coming from upstairs. "I don't have time to eat and you want to introduce me to your unimportant guest." 

Unimportant guest!!

My grasp on my fork strengthened. 

How dare she? 

"Ishaan, why don't you just try this!" Mrs. Mishra offered with awkwardness. She served me butter chicken. I lost my appetite now. Did she just say me an unimportant man? 

Does she have any idea, how busy I am?

Uncle Yash came back and took his seat. He spoke with me about random topics yet my anger didn't reduce.

"Ishaan. Why don't you have some dessert?" Uncle Yash offered. 

As I respect him, I let my arrogancy a side and had the fruit salad they served.

Just pray that you shouldn't come in encounter with me, Ishika Mishra. Just then my eyes fell on the picture frame in front of me.

That female in the picture looked so beautiful that I can't describe her in simple words. She had short hair. She was dressed in a white knee-length gown and looked nothing but like an angel.

I never felt this excitement watching a female before but that girl in the picture held some enchantment that even altered the beat of my heart.

"Ishika." I heard Mr. Mishra informing me from beside me. "My daughter."

Great. The woman I started to despise a moment ago, is the only female in the world who just skipped the beat of my heart.

****

Just wanted to write how things went with our arrogant moronic monster, Ishaan. 

The next chapter will be When we met.