14. Ignorance

Ishika POV

"Are those strokes are my fingerprints, Doctor!" Dr. Ishaan supplicated, once again after waiting for full ten seconds, and continued staring into my eyes with a fifty percent glint of concern and fifty percent glint of annoyance.

What type of man he is?

Why he is a mystery to me?

A few minutes back, he walked out nonchalantly, avoiding me. And now he pulled me in this ill-lit room to confirm. I don't understand! Why does he need to confirm? Can't he see his sinful fingers size is equal to that dark red-strokes size?

He is a well-known, sophisticated man who may be married to two women...which somehow hurts me to remember. As it freshens my memory of a few days ago of him sitting hand-in-hand with that lady of his. Eventually, this man and his lovey-dovey secret actions are bewitching me towards him. Without any consideration of any outcome consequences.

What if, I seriously get habituated with him or I have already got? Every minute I remember about him. Especially those two days, I missed him so much, which went without any glimpse of his. 

Maybe I am just...just overthinking...he doesn't have feelings for me and could be neutral with his emotions. Just because he hurt me last night...he might have been asking with concern.

Argh! I should ignore him. I did not put my emotions on sale that any roadside Romeo can buy and threw it out after wielding.

"Doctor! Is it hurting?" I tilt my head away from him and quirked one corner of my lip, with an attitude of I don't give a shit about you, your words, and your fake concern. Let's test his patience... and made his hackles rise and boil his blood. I giggled mentally.

"Dr. Ishika!?!?" He yelled. Yay! Yay! he lost his patience. I tilt my head towards him and bored his eyes with strongly intensive glaring eyes, as intense as a laser beam, that too for a few seconds. Next, I turn my head away. Meanwhile, I inspected the room in which I was entrapped in Dr. Ishaan's big, brawny, and as strong as ox arms. That ill-lit room, was a medical storeroom, as it was loaded with so many cartoon-filled racks, labeled with the different medicinal drugs.

With a sudden jerky movement, his face halted just a few inches away from my face. I gulped and gaped in his 100 percent annoying eyes. "Don't. test. My. Patience. Ishika." He elaborated, emphasizing each word, especially the last word. Should I Admit... That I really, really adored him for a micro-second, when his vocal cords vibrated my name.

We eyeballed one another for a moment of seconds, galling each other with impotent anger-with-silence. "Didn't. I. Mention. I. Don't. Want. to. Speak. With. You." I elaborated in the same way as his.

He took a deep breath. "And I am not begging you to speak with me. I came to heal the unintentional wound I gave to you."

"Huh! That was not even expected from you." I muttered against his face. "By the way, Dr. Ishaan Sharma, that wound is mine, located on my wrist. And I can take care of myself, very well. I don't need your concern," I snapped with flared nostrils. He didn't reply, instead stood silently. We stood gazing silently, our faces were just a few inches away with our warm, antagonistic breaths smoldering each other's ego. Gradually, the temperature of the medical storeroom started elevating because of our rage as I felt it shedding drops of sweat.

Concurrently, his gaze drifted to my lips, then back to my eyes. His gazing eyes showed more compassion and thoughtfulness, that time. I blinked my eyes and longing not to get out from his entrapment. When he landed his eyes for the second time, for some unknown reason my heart skipped a beat. Somehow, the distance between our lips started reducing. I realized, it was not only him but also me, one of the participants to near the distance between our lips. My blood turned cold,  my palms turn cold, my breath became overexcited,  and my shoulders heaved. A chill-shiver swirled around my spine and impeded the nerve supply to my legs, making my legs go numb. My heart doubled its heart rate with a rhythm Dabb-Dabb-Dabb instead of lubb-dubb.