26.Disquietude

Ishaan Sharma:

"It's better you go and sit beside her. No! better tie her stole to your wrist!" Adi teased and moved to the next bed patient, shaking his head on my new disquiet habit of repeatedly calling Ishika. 

"She doesn't put stole, by the way," I replied provoking him and was about to dial her number, he pulled my mobile from my hand. 

"Shaan, this is too much. Just too, too much. You have any idea this will be the third time since I started doing this ward rounds." He addressed, with a bit of irritation, giving once-over to the ward. "Let her take a breath, dude!"

"Relax! I am just being careful...She went shopping and she is new to Lucknow, how could I stay without concerning about her. Moreover...." I paused pondering the evening's scenario of the library...Ishika sitting beside Sahil,"...she is increasing her bond with that man Sahil."

"Ishh! Don't tell me your jealous of that little boy."

"Little boy. Seriously! He was about to get married, let me acknowledge you! And I am not jealous of him...I trust my Ishika, I don't trust him. He is dangerous...I am just frightened what if..." I glanced at Adi, he just stood staring at me with a very serious look..."What?"

"You are unnecessarily stressing too much. Why would a man kill or kidnap his own fiance."

"I overheard that day, Adi. He literally threatened to kill her and I even heard, he was forcing her to cancel that engagement." Shaking my head, I recalled that, a couple of month old memory of the doctor's room. "I am frightened of losing her. For some reason, my mind is being restless driving me into nervousness and anxiety...because of that I ended behaving aggressively with her. Fact is...I can't afford to lose her. If anything happens to her, I will turn mad." 

"Ishaan, I can apprehend what is going on in your brain." He stopped, his gaze was fixed to the floor...I know he was musing about Karishma. I rubbed my palm on his shoulder, comforting him. He was strongest of all but Karishma's death broke him thanks to Ananya, my Adi has improved so much.

"Adi!"

"I miss her. I miss her so much." He smiled, his eyes glistening. "But. Ananya is much like her. I see Karishma in Ananya. And," shaking his head he shifted his gaze at me, "let's come to you...You are being overconcerned Shaan. Don't mend in her private time, girls need privacy, they want some me time...I am sure she might be contemplating about you at this present moment...I guess. Maybe! all the time. But don't exaggerate things that one day will come when she starts thinking that you and your love are being a bother to her and suffocating her." I was constantly nodding my head while grasping his words. "If your brain has guzzled my words then can we eat something?" I nodded and made our way to the hospital canteen.

In the evening, after I left the hostel, Ishika called me to inform me that she was going shopping. I was addled for a moment when I realized the main and actual reason to call was to take my permission. My chest thrust out with a proud feeling. She gave me a special feeling with that high-level peculiar respect. But soon I lead myself into disquietude about her safety. 

 Adi is also correct...I should give her, 'me' time. But the whole day we both will be busy with our respective works, hardly we will get time to sit and talk or sometimes very hardly we will never get also, like this day...speaking was the farthest thing I didn't even see her after our very small morning's make-out session. 

We should get married, at least at night times, we will stay together. We will spend time together. We can talk, eat together, sleep together and also make love

"Baby! Are you night dreaming? I mean yeah you can do but it will be better if you are on your bed that too at midnight." I ignored him. After placing our orders, made comfortable on one of the empty tables waiting for our order to come.