11. Red-Inflammed-Swollen Wrist

"Buzz!"

"Buzz!"

"Buzz!" 

Ahh! this stupid, raspy sound slowly, slowly invaded my right ear, left ear, my brain, and starting to quiver my body, now. I searched the source of buzz-buzz with my only voluntarily and involuntarily functioning upper limb, my left hand. While, my right hand is lying beside my body; alive in condition, but dead in function. By inches, little by little my hand crawled under my pillow, till I approach my-peace-killing-gadget, it went silent. 

I dunno whose death has come near, to call me at this late night. 

And once again, the raspy buzzing sounds of my mobile started. "Arghh!" I groaned, grasped, and pulled it out. I lift the call, without any care to check the caller Id and placed it between my ear and pillow before yawning.

"Hello!! Who's this? Can't you see the time before calling?" I thundered.    

"Publicly and personally, I am known as your biological father, darling." A familiar excited, cheerful, and jovial voice came out of the mobile.

"Dada?" I asked in a husky voice.

"Yes!"

"Dada. Why did you call me at this late hour?" I asked and slightly opened my eyes, and I sensed my eyelids to be heavy and sored. Of course, I didn't cry, but I slept early last night without having dinner. My mint comfort is still tenting my whole body and head.

"Let me bring you, into a world of reality." He sounded dramatic. "Sun has already risen two hours ago, the time is eight, and I have been calling you for an hour." 

 Shoot! It's 8 a.m. I have O.T. duty, today and I didn't even read about the surgeries, which I will be assisting. I yanked my comfort off my face with my right hand, ruthlessly. "Ouch!! It's hurting!" I winced in pain.

"What's hurting? Are you okay? Is everything alright?" my father's exciting tone shifted to a worried one. Oh, God! my tension-bomb Dada. I really love him so much.

"Dada. Nothing happened. I am absolutely fine." I lied, inspecting my right wrist. And in the next second, the whole incident of last night refreshed in my brain. Ahh! that glaring, ash-brown eyes of his which in a matter of seconds turned thoughtful. Is he really a breed of a chameleon? The three-strokes have darkened in color and the throbbing sensation was seventy-five percent more than I felt last night at 9 p.m. before sleeping. 

"Where were you last night? Why didn't you call me?"

"I am sorry for not calling you, Dada. Last night, there was an emergency surgery to assist and because of exhaustion, I crashed out, the moment I lied down on my bed."

"That's okay. I was tensed. Unnecessarily, you went that far."

"Dada! Shut up. I am just five hours far from you."

"Fine. I will visit you, tonight. Then?" I gaped at my scarlet-red wrist. If he sees this, without giving a second thought, he will file a case of physical harassment on Dr. Ishaan. 

"No! T-today I have O.T. and tomorrow also I will be b-busy. You and mama visit me...next Sunday...Okay!" I finished and let out a sigh.

"Okay. Done."

"Dada, I have to go. I will call you after hospital hours."

"Fine. Please, eat and go, dear. And don't forget I love you."

"Love you 2 and convey my love for Mama." I cut the call and made my way to the bathroom. 

After taking bath I dunked my right hand in a mug full of warm water for a few minutes. The pain mitigated only for that duration when my wrist was in contact with warm water. Once again I inspected my wrist, it's dark-red, inflamed, and swollen. I thought the pain and swelling will lessen, till morning. But. It just escalated.