6. Mystery

"Do you have any knowledge about your new acquaintance...? With whom you were shaking your hands in the O.T." He pried in a very silent, calm, and soft voice with his gaze fixed on the table behind his coffee cup. Before replying I glanced at his back and front. Then to left and right. Still, in doubt, I glanced above his head and then below his chair. I did all those monkey glances just in case to find a dark shadow of spirit with long messy hair. With this, I would have assumed Dr.Ishaan was possessed.

No. I don't believe in spirits or ghosts. But. His sudden change of mood forced me to give thought to their existence. As that was the only hypothesis pop up in my brain in the first condition. And in the second condition, it could be like Dr.Ishaan was jealous of Sahil, shaking hands with me. Which, according to my perception, couldn't, shouldn't, and wouldn't be true for hundred and ten percent. Because Dr.Ishaan might be very well and completely satisfied with his two lives or wives or... Huh!! Leave it.

"He is my-"

"Stop." I got interrupted by a sudden and startled response from him.

Stupid. Aggressive man.

"He might be your cousin, friend, or boyfriend... I am least bothered about that". He ended and let out a sigh before shifting his deep, very intense, and dark gaze on me. "What I wanted to advise was to get proper assimilation about that person. Before you unknowingly move further with him" and this is called coding language. "And yes my advice is just to remunerate the help, you did me on that day of the accident" he ended with his native tone: stiff, stern, and sharp. I think the spirit left his body.

"I am very much glad that you gave a thought about my acquaintance. But he is not my boyfriend. He is my..."

"I already mentioned to you. I am not bothered to know..." he interrupted, before taking a sip from his cup. This time I thought of leaving the topic as I was unaccustomed to his sudden change of mood. What if he threw that coffee on me? Meanwhile, I decided to get out of the canteen. Alternatively, I was not interested in learning the coding language. Not for now.

I got up from my chair but at the same time to my surprise and also to add on as a red hot chilly sauce, on Dr.Ishaan's similar-to-sound-for-jealousy-like nature. Sahil approached our table with Dr. Gautham. They both appeared to be similar in height like dwarfs but Sahil was lean, unlike Dr.Gautham. I glanced at the Quartz wall clock hanging on the white-painted wall of the canteen. It's ten past five. So, he remembered my appointment.

"Ishika, I came" Sahil enthralled with his charming smile except separating his both arms apart for a hug. Then he glanced at the stiff, expressionless figure sitting diagonal to me. "Hi. Dr.Ishaan" he greeted him. I shifted my gaze to him to see his response.

"Hello..." He responded. Is there a word called social smile in his dictionary? And still, I am forcing myself to believe that he is having two wives.

"Ishika. You were leaving?" I nodded standing still in the same position. While Dr.Gautham sat in his previous position and started dumping juice. "But. You asked me to meet at five, I assume".

"Do you both know each other?" Dr.Gautham asked, glancing intermittently at us.

"Yes. He was my senior in my bachelor's," I replied. Then glancing at Sahil, "I was going to the library. I have to make my library card" I lied. I have already done that on the last day. The truth is I don't want to sit over here.

"Ok. Then. I will walk you to the library" I nodded, comprehending denying would sound to be rude. Before leaving the table I glanced at Dr.Ishaan. He sat with a stiff posture, gazing sharply at the table with a clenched lower jaw and flared-out nostrils. If he wanted me to stay away from Sahil then he could have stated a valid reason. Instead of speaking in a coding language.