36. Funfair

"I still can't believe it." Dr. Roshni spoke with her head tilt at her meal plate, plated with Biryani and curd with salad. "How can a jovial person like Adi have an enemy...He is not the type of person to develop conflicts with anyone!" an inconceivable sigh came out of her mouth before she pushed a half-spoon of rice in her mouth. She chewed it mannerly, her face carpeted with confound.

It's Saturday afternoon and Granny decided to invite Dr. Roshni, Dr. Chaya, and me to lunch, especially to Dr. Roshni in form of gratitude, as she was a major reason for her other grandson's second life. At present, the time was 3 p.m. Vansh had some work so he came late, as he was busy investigating Dr. Adi's accident. While Dr. Roshni has a good habit of chewing food finely before swallowing, so it happened for her to continue her company even for Vansh. 

And past thirty minutes she was eating the first round served rice only on another side I finished round-one had another round, also. Just then I finished drinking one glass full of mango milkshake with almond pieces as a topping, offered by Granny. She loves me so much and showers it by keeping my teeth and oral passage busy. Loading my stomach with so many items made me burp, which made Vansh sneer and Dr. Ishaan glare at me. As if my small, odor-less burp humiliated him and murdered his self-esteem. I realized I eat like an elephant; non-stop without any consideration to place or people. I don't shy when it comes to food. Besides, I had another company, Anu who eats as similar to me. What can we do our tastebuds go hunky when it comes to Dr. Ishaan's cooked dishes... We both have many similar habits, well topmost was 'to annoy our Kiddo!'  

"By the way, how sure you are to confirm it's an attempt to murder, not a hit and run case?" Dr. Roshni queried with Vansh, who finished round one of eating Biryani and was serving for round two, for himself.

"Though there was no CCTV at the place of accident, within 500 meters to the accident spot we captured a truck purposely bumping his car. Aditya picturized someone is trying to accident his car, so he sped up his car...we could track at some point only, till where the camera could capture. But after fifteen minutes almost near to his accident time, that truck came back on the same road. It can be assumed that after hitting his car, he took a U-turn and returned. Camera after camera we kept tracking his truck, he parked it at someplace and wandered off. Though we couldn't see his face properly we have two features of his; one, he was bald, and second, he was heavily built. 

Last evening I thought we found him, as I investigated using only lead, vehicle's number plate...it went in vain cause the truck owner himself filed a report that he lost his truck a couple of days ago, it seems. Once we catch that driver, we can expunge from his mouth, who is behind this accident. Cause a poor driver might not have this high-gut motive to murder any person..." He ended and continued eating his lunch. 

"Kiddo! Why Adi was kept on this drug-induced coma?" Anu inquired to her brother who sat next to me at the dining table. 

"Last morning while regaining consciousness, he developed seizures. He already had two episodes during surgery so neurologists and neurosurgeons decided it would be better for his brain to heal properly. Best is his brain is showing good signs of healing, so they might withdraw drugs on Monday or next evening, itself." Dr. Ishaan replied, texting his Second Life Hospital's H.R. regarding the status of the hospital. He finished eating in just ten minutes and got busy texting that person. 

For once I saw his belly then mine. Mine had a small bulge at the lower abdomen, while he was flat...why not if he keeps eating like birds for sure it will be flat. I mentally noted to start a diet but the aroma of Lucknowi Biryani was making me delete that and start round three. Shameless Ishika! "Of all only one question is making me uneasy," he spoke, placing the mobile on the table and same time noticed my hand moving to the Biryani pot which halted soon after watching a warning look coming out of his ash-brown eyes. I took a U-turn of my hand and kept on my laps then he continued "if he had an enemy also, why didn't he inform me...we would have done something, right."