Always Seek God

Always Seek God

Exodus 33:14-16
ESV

14 And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." 15 And he said to him, "If your presence will not go with me, do not bring us up from here. 16 For how shall it be known that I have found favor in your sight, I and your people? Is it not in your going with us, so that we are distinct, I and your people, from every other people on the face of the earth?"

Matthew 6:33
ESV

33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

When making decisions in life, we should always desire for God's will to be done and always seek for God's direction in our lives. The Bible discourages us from following our own path and from leaning on our own understanding but urges us to trust God and follow His leading (Proverbs 3:5-6). In all seasons of life we need to do this, whether in times where you're happy, whether in a time of sorrow, new years, new seasons and even if you're in a season of waiting. Ask God questions and ask Him why you are waiting, if there is anything you need to learn, change and grow in. Ask God what He wants you to do and what He wants to develop in you.

It's this daily communication to seek the heart of God behind everything in your life. To walk with God speaks of living. It's you step by step with God's presence. We can go to a new country, get married or have a job that didn't involve God, that's us doing things outside God's will. They don't have to be bad things to be outside of God's will. That's why prayer, seeing God's wisdom and discernement is so important. We don't make decisions just based on feelings and our own thoughts, we seek the thoughts and ways of of Someone whose thoughts and ways are above our own (Isiah 55:8-9).

Seeking God's will.

In the Bible you'll realise God loves to be sought. God, though He knows what we will pray for before we pray still wants us to search Him (Matthew 6:8). Moses refused to go unless God went before them, Jesus before starting His ministry fasted (Matthew 4:1-2) and David regularly sought what God was thinking throughout the Bible (1 Samuel 23:1-3, 1 Samuel 23:10-11, 2 Samuel 5:17-21). I love how David was a man who also sought guidance, confirmation, direction, revelation etc from God.

I could give countless examples but God loves this because its when we as human beings humble ourselves. It's natural for us to want our will to be done in our ways with our limited knowledge. When we surrender and realise that we don't know it all and can be awfully wrong and that we need the Alpha and Omega, this is when God is exalted in our human weakness that is we aren't self-sufficient but dependant in Him.

We are dependant on God for direction:
For wisdom.
For understanding.
For Revelation.
For Confirmation.
And a lot more!

If God hasn't called you somewhere than you can easily be in downfall because God backups wherever He leads. God wants to be there form beginning to end. He is the Alpha and Omega. He knows the end from the beginning and the start to finish.

1) Seeking God is humility.

It takes trust to say no and wait on God. Sometimes an opportunity would come and it sounds amazing but one problem, you haven't received confirmation from God. So time passes and the more time passes the more you can be tempted to just do your own thing or listen to yourself but it takes true trust in God, patience and humility to continue to seek God until you have clarity of what He wants you to do.

The humility is revealed that you're aware you don't know everything and you don't understanding but there is Someone you know who does. You recongnise you aren't the wiset but you need the Lord's wisdom. You recognise God has greater in knowledge and understanding as you.