Happy For Others

I once had a dream where it was someone's birthday party. My family was the host and at the party, there was a girl around my age who was the birthday girl.

There was a race competition with cars (remote controlled) and I wanted my parents to support yet they were very busy focusing on the birthday girl. In the dream, I felt saddened throughout the day as I would ask for people to support me or for things and no one was paying attention to me.

The 2 keys
There are 2 things I can take out of this dream.

1) We all have birthdays
This girl was about my age. It took months for me to finally understand why God used a birthday party. We all have birthdays, we all have a date we were born. Her birthday called prophetically symbolise a time where she is recognised and celebrated in her life

But sumptuously we all have birthdays. I still had mine, I will have my birthday where the focus will be on me. Instead of sulking in Jealousy and pride, I should have focused on her birthday and celebrated with her because I too will have a birthday.

I think in like we are like this. We see someone else experiencing what we desire and we begin envying but listening. When we envy it's a person we start drinking. We all have seasons of highs and lows but not all at the same time. My season of lows can be the time your season of highs begins but we all have those seasons. Where I live currently summer but in America, as we speak it's winter. It doesn't mean America doesn't experience summer, nope but what it just means is the season of summer hasn't arrived yet for them and we're on a different season

In life, it walks similarly. It's not God who is ignoring you and blessing everyone else. Those people also went through the season thinking the seem way. Right now God is answering their prayers just like He will do for you in due season. Envying blinds us by focusing so much on our lives that we forget that others go through hardship just like us.

2) Everyone has a birthday every day. There are 365 days. I can't focus on one day alone. That's my birthday, the day when all attention is on me. There is also 365 days of other people's birthdays (their attention). God loves all his babies equally. He isn't revolving around just us like we are the sun and His the earth. He cares about all of us and that means that He cares about every bodies life. If we focus so much on our day to come we will miss out and the good things God will do for others during these 364 days. God does big things.

I remember a time when I felt ignored by God but once I paid attention to what He does in other people's lives. I was happy! I saw a girl cry when she received a prophetic word. I've seen others get excited when receiving answered prayers. I've seen others rejoice after confirmation. How can we focus so much on ourselves that we forget that God does good to all His children in due time?

In the dream I was so upset I was ignored that I didn't realise that there is someone who God is blessed with a good family, with food, with comfort and rest and instead of blessing God for His goodness.