There's A Power In Being Set Apart

╔═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╗

There's A Power In Being Set Apart

╚═══*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═══╝

The blessing of being set apart from the rest of your generation.

A common issue for us youth is wanting to fit in and not wanting to look strange to others. We like blending in and not getting much attention to ourselves. We want to be accepted, loved and valued by the world oftentimes. As we are born again and now walk on the narrow road, our taste for this world starts disappearing. We want to live for Christ, deny our flesh and walk in obedience.

But what does it mean to be set apart?

Things can get difficult when we are pointed out for our difference, whether good or bad. Some might love this new change and desire it themselves and others might grow hatred, anger and attack.

But I want to encourage you to want and desire to be set apart, to see how much value there is to being strange to the world but honouring God with everything from your heart, mind, actions, language, body and everything speaking glory unto God.

What happens when we live set apart from the rest of the world? God's word gives us many examples of women and men of God who decided not to walk as others walked, to be bold in their stance with God. To remain faithful and obedient. God's word also reveals to us what God sees and what He values. It reveals to us how pleased God is with our decision to be different.

1) The Bible describes how Noah was different. How he walked with the Lord, how He found favour in God's sight. God saw Noah as different, he was not the same as his generation.

Genesis 6:9-12
ESV
Noah and the Flood
9 These are the generations of Noah. Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation. Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah had three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 Now the earth was corrupt in God's sight, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.

That difference was that he walked with God. This led to God visiting Noah, giving Noah instructions to build an ark that saved his family and God's creatures from destruction. Noah was different from his generation (which could have appeared strange to people) but that's what brought him salvation and a visitation from God that we still speak about today.

2) 1 Samuel 17:34
ESV
34 But David said to Saul, “Your servant used to keep sheep for his father. And when there came a lion, or a bear, and took a lamb from the flock, 35 I went after him and struck him and delivered it out of his mouth. And if he arose against me, I caught him by his beard and struck him and killed him.

1 Samuel 13:14
ESV
14 But now your kingdom shall not continue. The Lord has sought out a man after his own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be prince over his people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.”

Acts 13:22
ESV
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up David to be their king, of whom he testified and said, ‘I have found in David the son of Jesse a man after my heart, who will do all my will.’

David was different. The Bible describes David as a man after God's own heart. This was a young boy who was faithful to taking care of his father's sheep. He fought hard for sheep, he looked after them and fought off bears and lions. He was one that despite his young age, he would boldly stand up for God and had victory when he chose to face Goliath. He was one anointed from his youth because he walked differently.