Don't Fall For The Seducation

1 Corinthians 6:18
ESV
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

1 Corinthians 6:18
NKJV
18 Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.

19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honour and some for dishonor. 21 Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the master, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

I searched for the meaning of the word flee which is to run away from a place or situation of danger or to run away from something or someone.

I love how the Bible here says flee. To flee is an action we take, often in the sight of danger coming near. We don't run away from something when we are already trapped but we run away when we sense something or someone coming soon that can lead to danger. The Bible is showing us how sexual immorality is a danger, it's a trap, it's something to flee from and escape.

To escape means something. We don't escape what won't bring us harm. We won't run from something that won't damage us.

There are many ways we can flee. One of them is to guard our hearts.

1) Guard Your Heart

Jeremiah 17:9
ESV
9 The heart is deceitful above all things,
    and desperately sick;
    who can understand it?

Proverbs 4:23
NKJV
23 Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.

Proverbs 4:23
NLT
23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.

The Bible says that our heart is deceitful and also explains how we should guard it.

How do we guard our hearts? We guard our thoughts. I learned recently that guarding your heart is connected to guarding your mind. We guard our minds by watching what enters in and out of them.

What we see, hear and watch. If we are watching things filled with lust, if we are reading things that promotes sexual immorality constantly, if we are surrounded by people who speak about these kinds of things it will enter our mind and from our mind to our heart. That's where the desires grow and soon are birthed into sexual sin.

James 1:14-15
ESV
14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

Philippians 4:8
ESV
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

I cannot stress enough that we need to be careful what we let in. We can allow God to sow good deeds in us like faithfulness, self-control, and love but we can also allow the enemy to plant bad seeds in us of lust and all start with the mind.

Our Lord Jesus explains it like this:

John 15:4
ESV
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.