Chapter 3: I Like Boys

Elliott

Everywhere I go, people stare at me in school.

Seriously people, it was just a fight. I didn't win the freaking Olympics. I know he's the future Alpha and everything, but he's just a boy. Alpha is a position, it doesn't make him better than anyone else. Nothing does.

My parents raised me on the concept that there's no substitute for hard work. And stilled in me since very young that nothing is guaranteed in life. But all can be accomplished if you set your mind to it.

However, some barriers are insurmountable. There are facts of life that are universal truths.

For instance, I know Felix will be Alpha. And Simon will be Beta. There's no getting around this. Werewolf packs are dynasties and sons succeed their fathers. It's fine, I want to follow in my dad's footsteps too.

And I have no desire to be Alpha or Beta, never did. That's never been my reality. But nothing will stop me from becoming a warrior. And I will trample over anyone who stands in my way, including the future Alpha himself. I don't care what it takes.

"I can't believe you signed up for the wrestling team. I know your parents are warriors but I just never thought you wanted to be one too." - Liv commented to me as we walked out of school towards the buses.

"It's all I ever dreamed of. It's the whole reason for my parents to move here in the first place. I mean, one of the reasons. They're also worried about my heat." - I admitted to her, a bit embarrassed. Though I shouldn't be, it's nature's mating call for omegas. Even though none of us choose this for ourselves, it's a known fact about omegas and as old as the first werewolf who walked on Earth thousands of years ago.

"Don't worry. The school has protocols for when one of us gets struck by heat. But mainly you are escorted out of the premises as soon as possible for your protection. Then, you're homeschooled until it passes." - She assured me with a serene tone.

Unfortunately for us, only omega werewolves get struck by heat, which is the main reason why we're discriminated against, even though we have no control over it. When heat takes over us, powerful pheromones are emitted by the omega in question, affecting the brain chemistry of everyone around us - especially boys.

It's next to impossible to resist it, unless you're already mated (and completed the bond). But that's not even the worst part. No, our brain chemistry also alters during heat, making it impossible for us to refuse anyone. Our consciousness remains, but a drug like induced sex drive removes our power of consent, making us susceptible to anyone's advances. And the consequence of that is always the same.

"I get it. I'm not worried about it so much anymore. It's just that my parents told me so many stories of ruined omegas who got unmated pregnancies and are shunned from their packs that I legitimately got terrified of sex growing up." - I chuckled awkwardly.

She smiled at this uncomfortably but with a relatability that put me at ease.

I AM worried about it. But I'm not letting fear cripple my life. Heat can strike tomorrow or in 9 months. There's no telling when it will happen for any of us, but it'll definitely happen before 18, that's guaranteed. Anyway, I've only just turned 17 a couple months ago. It is what it is.

"Trust me, I'm scared too. But in my case, it's worse. I don't have the same option that you do." - She replied with a naughty grin.

"What option?" - I asked her genuinely intrigued.

"Really? Are you going to make me say it? You can use your little hose and I can't." - She answered and I laughed out loud.

"Really? Little hose? What are you, four?" - I laughed so hard I got out of breath. She poked me in the side, frowning in annoyance. We got up on different buses and went back home.