Chapter 34: Good 4 U | Anyone

Simon

I'm ready.

I have been crying now for nearly a month. I've been a wreck since Felix and Elliot got mated to each other and even worse by seeing them together at school.

But there's nothing I can do about it. It's the name of the game. We're werewolves and we all know how it goes.

But I'm much better now, to be honest.

I have to be. There's no use crying over spilled milk. I am looking forward to the future, whoever they may be. I'm ready, come and get it.

However, I can't deny that when I see Elliott and Felix marked as mates it's gonna hurt. It will. A lot.

I wish I was totally over him, but he really got me to fall faster and deeper than I've ever been. Damn him!

Not that I can blame Elliott. Who would've thought he'd be mated to the fucking Alpha? Certainly not me.

Anyway, the point is moot now. I'm happy for them, no hard feelings. Plus, Felix is my very best friend. So, it is what it is.

I'm ready for it to be done now. I have no tears left to cry for missing Elliott. I wish I had someone else to spend my time with, anyone whatsoever. I'm not that picky... at the moment.

But even though I have a great reputation in the sack - if I may say so myself, or better yet, take Elliott's word - my birthday is too near for anyone to wanna venture anything with me. It's such a drag!

Honestly, I never had a difficult time getting dates before. But I'm so fucking radioactive right now, I'd have to pay for the type of company I need. And we don't have this type of professional at Regency Falls.

Not that I'd employ them if we had. I mean, probably not. Who knows? It's best not to cast a stone and all that.

Nevertheless, I do have (other) friends. And I'm making the most out of their company, especially over this particular weekend. I'm treating some of the boys from the wrestling team to a male bonding sleepover at my place.

I didn't invite Huntington and the other mated fellas because they'd rather spend time with their mates, which I get it. I would too if I were mated. Especially the new ones, like Patrick.

I'm gonna complete the bond so hard next month, my mate is gonna think we died and went to heaven. Or hell, if that's what they're into.

It's so great to have people keeping me company while Felix is busy. I guess it's a good thing I'm still popular with some demographics.

We played games, ordered expensive food and talked a bunch. I had a blast with the boys. In fact, I hadn't laughed in so long I almost forgot the fun of it.

With all the seriousness that my life gets at times, I forget to be a simple teenager, which I am. I will become Beta, it's true, but that's not for many months. So for now, let's just enjoy life as one should.

On Monday, I get to school early as always and go do my usual rounds, greeting people as I meet them. It's nice to be around other students and I'm a friendly guy. You never know who will turn out to be your mate.

Felix arrives with a big smile, feeling as fulfilled as one can imagine for a person who up until a few weeks ago, didn't even know if his mate would accept him.

"Congratulations, Alpha!" - I greeted him with the biggest fake smile I could muster.

"Thank you, Beta. It's been a long time coming!" - He replied, enthusiastically.

His grin was infectious, to be honest. You can't help but cheer for the guy.

"It really has. I wonder who won the bet..." - I snickered.