Chapter 8: Stand Up

Felix

I don't know why anyone is surprised, really.

I was bound to defeat the omega, I'm the future Alpha after all. It was just a matter of time. And I succeeded.

However, I did owe an apology to my best friend. Not because I was wrong, but I shouldn't be against his relationship with the omega, even if I wouldn't be caught dead with one in my life. But he deserves my support. And I shouldn't have said that, especially agreeing with his dad.

I mean, we are right and he does deserve better. But that should never be spoken to him out loud. Plus, what's the point in ruining something for him now when the Moon Goddess is gonna do it for us when Simon gets mated away from Elliot coming next February.

I mean, it's only November. But he deserves to be happy too. I just wish it could be with someone else. Regardless, let's not dwell on the issue. The important thing is that I fought him and I won. It feels like I've won a championship, not gonna lie.

No one can take this smug grin out of my face today.

"You've been happy all day. What happened?" - Mom asked me during Friday night dinner.

"He won--"

"She asked me, brat!" - I shouted, interrupting Jessica. I glared at her and she did the same to me.

"I won a fight against the omega at wrestling practice." - I told her with a boastful grin.

"You shouldn't have lost it in the first place!" - Dad interjected, making me grimace.

I spoke too soon, didn't I?

Mom glared at dad, while I sulk in his disapprovement.

"No one in the entire school has been able to win a single round against him. It took me almost two months to do it. But sure, dad. Thanks for the support as always." - I jabbed at him, feeling my rage creeping in.

"Son, I do support you. I'm just saying... if an omega can beat you, then your coach is not doing enough to teach you boys how to fight." - He spoke, looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"That would be true, except by all accounts none of the warriors could beat his parents as well. So either we don't have a single warrior who knows how to fight, or his parents are exceptional warriors, the likes we've never seen before and they've trained their son to follow in their footsteps." - I argued, fiercely. I'm mad. And he's not taking this away from me this time.

My parents and siblings gasped at my words. My dad was about to say something back to me, but stayed quiet. For once.

"You do know neither his parents are omegas, right?" - Zach chimed in with a smug grin.

"Of course I know. But fighting is not about strength. It's about skillset. At least, in human form. In wolf form, I would destroy him. But that's beside the point." - I rebuked, annoyed at my brother.

"There are skills to fight in wolf form too, honey. But you make an excellent point and not even your dad would win a fight against the Lockwoods." - Mom stated, making dad gasp in shock at her words. Both my siblings also gasped at this. But I smile at her the widest.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm the daughter of a Beta. I know about fighting too. I just choose not to pursue it." - Mom defended herself from her mate's glare.

"Thanks, mom. You're the best." - I winked at her. My grandfather is the former Beta of the pack, as she pointed out. And since my mom only has younger sisters, my dad had to choose a person from another family for his Beta. His best friend, Simon's dad.