Chapter 13: When You Say Nothing At All

Elliot

When I returned to school in the following week I didn't know what I'd face.

I didn't know if anyone would blame me for what happened, if there'd be pitchforks or the omega efforts would be damaged in any way because of my trifle with the (future) Alpha.

But what I found more than anything else was curious stares.

Some people congratulated me on surviving a sexual assault, even though no one asked me if I considered myself a victim of it. Though that's probably semantics at this point.

Liv welcomed me with a big hug, but that's who she is. And she's been there for me throughout my heat, from live streaming the classes for me to bring my homework everyday. She's the best friend I could ever ask for. And a blessing since I moved into this pack.

Fortunately, no one looked at me angrily or annoyed. I guess people saw me more as a victim than anything else. Not how I see myself, but I'll take it. Better than to be hated, I guess. Though I don't know why would I be hated come to think about it. I didn't get their precious (future) Alpha expelled from school.

But that had nothing to do with who he is. I simply owed him one for speaking out on my behalf when he did. Plus, I don't really blame him. Anymore that I would any other boy from the team that could've been with me at that time.

It just so happened that it was him. Bad luck.

Simon has barely spoken to me since last Tuesday. So, I don't know what I'll face when I see him.

I get reacquainted with my club omegas, we talk about various things, get all the latest gossip. It's back to business as usual. Brandon told us that his crush didn't kiss him anymore after my heat and joked asking me if I didn't want to go through it again.

No, thanks. Good one, though.

Liv said that flirting with her tutored pupil has grown more platonic than she wishes and I feel bad for her. She deserves to be happy as much as anyone. And I wish her the best. Maybe go after someone else, who knows. Though it's easier said than done.

When I got to class, Simon smiled at me wide. It felt nice, but he didn't say anything to me apart from good morning. Not even a kiss. Felix stopped glaring at me, probably because he's too uncomfortable to even glance at me. Right back at you, dude.

After the first period ended, I went up to him and stared deeply into his eyes.

"Are you sure you've forgiven me?" - I asked him point blank. The rest of the classroom stared at him as they prepared to leave for the next class.

"There's nothing to forgive, what happened wasn't your fault. Why?" - He replied, looking confused at me. Almost as if I was talking crazy. Though deep down, it really wasn't my fault. I just feel that way somehow. However...

"Because you're distant. First, I couldn't get you off of me no matter how hard I tried. Now that I want you close, you're barely talking to me. I know I fucked up. I'm not denying it. But are we gonna be okay again or should I consider us done?" - I spat at him in one breath.

I'm not interested in beating myself up about it. It happened. It wasn't anybody's fault. If you want me, then say it. I have no interest in platonic anything. Nor do I have the time to pine over someone who doesn't want me.

That's not gonna happen.