Chapter 30: Talk Me Down

Felix

Friday is my new favorite day of the week.

And it's only Monday.

I mean, that was better than I could ever have expected and certainly better than anything I've ever experienced. I can certainly see the appeal of a mate now.

Not that I didn't see it earlier, but now I can understand it better. Before, I COULDN'T reject my mate. Still can't, but now I WOULDN'T even if I could. I love having a mate.

Even if it's an omega - don't tell my mom I said that - or despite the fact that he's one. I just love having a mate. Especially now that Ash is mated, I could be suffering the same way that Simon is. My poor best friend.

You should've seen his face when Elliott told Olivia he's over him and only had eyes for me. I thought he'd die right then and there. He's absolutely gutted, wrecked by that statement. I felt so bad for him.

But it doesn't serve anyone any good to hide your feelings. It never does and Elliot is fiercely honest with everything. Too honest sometimes for my taste. But I can't fault someone for telling their truth.

To be perfectly honest myself, I'm still a little surprised that he didn't reject me. Because he certainly isn't with me for the title or the commodities. No, not my mate. He'd be fine being a warrior and maybe mated to anyone else who wouldn't prevent this from happening.

And if I weren't Alpha, I'd never keep him from being a warrior. It may be scary for me, of course. But I would've endured it. If I weren't, but I am. So he can't. I simply cannot have my mate taking a chance on his life every single day.

When your mate dies, it derails your life more than anything. You survive it, but barely. And that's not taking into consideration that Elliott is the only individual who can carry my heir, the future Alpha of the pack.

Although that subject is still a little sore right now for various reasons. But yeah, the bottom line is: I am happy. With him, my mate and looking forward to the completion of the bond.

It's been a long time coming. We've been mated for nearly a month now. I need this. What we just had was great and I definitely want more of that, but I need to complete the freaking bond already.

"Are you okay, son? You look distracted." - Dad asked me during dinner on Monday night at the dining room of the pack house. It's just my family as usual.

"I'm great, dad." - I replied, smiling at him. Though I haven't stopped grinning ever since Elliott's visit earlier this afternoon.

"I can tell by the amount of teeth you're showing. I take it that things are great with your mate?" - He smirked, glancing at me with a knowing look on his face.

"He's great now that they've accepted each other. I mean, who does the acceptance speech 3 weeks later?" - Jess interjected, making me glare daggers at her across the table.

"People who didn't think they would ever be mated to each other, brat!" - I shouted at her, angrily.

Mom frowned at this. Dad wasn't happy with her either. Zach just gasped at my outburst.

"It's fine, son. You're doing what 's right for you. It's impossible to be okay with everything all at once, no matter how much we tell ourselves that we're prepared for it. We are, but it's a shock when the pairing happens." - Mom told me in an empathetic tone.

I look fondly at her.

"Yeah, but I bet it didn't take you and dad this long to complete the bond. People are starting to place bets on when it is going to happen." - Zach interjected, poking fun at me.