Chapter 21: Crying in the Rain

Elliott

After my eyes turned back to normal, I ran away from the party so fast no one could catch me. Not that anyone tried, I guess. But I had to wait until my wolf scented Felix enough for my eyes to stop shining.

It's very dangerous to deny any werewolf the opportunity to smell their mate once they're found. You can go feral, which means you shift and your wolf takes over. No, thanks.

I got home - which is not that far from the pack house - out of breath and trembling, my parents got startled by my presence. They saw me tearing up and asked what's wrong.

'Did I have a fight with Simon,' they asked. If only...

I'd pick any fight over this. With anyone.

It took me a while to stop crying enough for me to tell them what happened. Once I told them I got mated to Felix, they're floored. They never would've thought it possible.

Yeah. Tell me about it!

I cried in their arms for the longest time. Then, I slept in their room. I haven't done that since I was a kid. I'm completely devastated.

The following morning, he's at my doorstep. But I wouldn't receive him, my mate. Gasp! It's difficult to even put into words my disappointment. My shock. My repulse.

My dad politely declined his visitation on my behalf. Mom was working. Warriors never stop. Nor do they get Holidays off, unfortunately. But I'm used to it by now.

Since I'm on break from school, I took my mom's car and visited Liv, who's still gobsmacked from yesterday. But then again, everyone is. And I do mean the 20.000 werewolves of this pack. This has never happened before.

No Alpha has ever been mated to a same sex person. Nor to an omega, for that matter. It's almost unheard of. I mean, it is unheard of in the South. I'm sure in New York or California things are different.

Liv welcomed me to her home with open arms.

"How are you doing?" - She asked me with a fearful tone.

"The worst. I can't begin to know how I'm going to face Simon after this. I mean, I thought he would be mated away from me. I never stopped to think I could be mated away from HIM!" - I gasped, raising my voice unintentionally.

She hugged me for a good while and I cried again. I stayed all afternoon at her house, not that my dad would mind. He just cares that I text him to inform where I am. Always.

I talked at length with Liv. It's a great comfort in an impossible situation. Somehow, I left her house feeling a little more relieved. At night, dad told mom about the visitor I refused, but she didn't comment on it. Thankfully my face is doing all the talking for me.

On Tuesday, I went shopping with my mom for Christmas

On Tuesday, I went shopping with my mom for Christmas. We had great fun together just like we did when I was a kid.

But since we only have one mall in our town, I had to deal with lots of people there congratulating me on my mating. I wanted to throw up every time they mentioned it.