Chapter 16: Til It Happens To You

Elliot

Trigger warning: sexual assault (non descriptive)

We continued going towards the classroom, then Felix decided it was a good moment to get cute. And dropped a bomb on me.

"Hey, look at the bright side. At least, if you stop Tuesday'ing you won't be at risk of getting blocked from Beta." - Felix told Simon when we're already sitting in class.

"What?!" - I gasped loudly.

The entire class stared at me and Simon. At this point, even the slowest student got the innuendo we're referencing. It's common knowledge that the only thing that can derail a person's career is an unmated pregnancy. Not only their career, but their life in general.

Simon glared daggers at Felix, who shrunk on his seat in embarrassment.

"Would that really happen?" - I asked Simon from my seat. The teacher enters and starts the class.

"Yes, it would." - Simon replied in a deep uncomfortable tone as he tries to avoid all the stares that are now piercing his good boy façade.

After the class ended, I was still reeling from Felix's statement. Though I should probably have thought of it before. It makes perfect sense. It would take a huge thing for him to be blocked from Beta, short of an actual crime against pack law.

"Is that why you didn't push for you know what?" - I asked him as soon as I collected my belongings from the desk.

"Not really. But it helped convince me when my dad told me it could happen." - Simon replied, honestly.

"Oh my Goddess! I was so focused in what could happen to me that I didn't even stop to consider what could happen to you." - I genuinely gasped at the realization.

"It's okay. You'd still get the far worst end of the stick." - He smiled weakly at me and we walked towards the next class.

"I know. But I couldn't live with myself if you're blocked from Beta. Not to mention Hollingsworth would try to kill me or have me blocked from warrior out of spite." - I replied, making him gasp.

Felix and Ashley are walking ahead of us, so they listened to that too. Though it wouldn't be technically my fault, I'm pretty sure Felix would do anything at his disposal to hurt me if I got Simon blocked from becoming Beta. Though honestly there's nothing he could do to me that would make me feel worse than hurting my beloved Simon.

"At least you're not stupid, omega." - He snickered while still walking ahead.

"My grades are better than yours, turd." - I jabbed at him. Simon wasn't pleased with me but said nothing.

"Anyway, we'll just have to get better at it. And probably come up with another way because Tuesday is off." - Simon snickered, making me giggle.

"Hey, we're teenagers. We are resourceful. We'll just have to do whatever regular teens do, it's fine." - I grinned at him mischievously.

He kissed me, then stared at me in contentment.

When I got to the gym for wrestling practice some time later, Andersen was looking at me funny. He didn't say anything at first, but I could tell something was on his mind. He barely even looks at me unless I'm the one defeating him on the mat.

As soon as practice was finished and we went to the locker room, he came up to me sneakily.

"Lockwood, can I ask you something?" - He spoke in a low tone, though there isn't a low tone possible in this environment for other werewolves not to listen in.