Chapter 26: Mama

Felix

I may be a genius.

I do feel much more relaxed about facing a new day at school. Who knew?

I mean, more tranquil to face the awkwardness of the locker room with my naked mate. My mate. Gasp!

Is it weird that I still can't grasp the fact that I got mated to an omega? A male one. But a freaking omega nonetheless.

I mean, come on... Really? Why are you punishing me, Moon Goddess? Have I offended you in any way? Because I would apologize gladly if I did.

If it meant I would get a different mate. Anyone else... I'm not that picky. Just not an omega.

You thought I'd say not a boy, didn't you?

No, that's not the turnoff for me. Not that it helps the matter, but I would prefer NOT an omega.

However, if I was mated to a (cis) boy NOT an omega I couldn't be Alpha. So, it is what is.

At first, I was so focused on not being rejected.

Then, I was focused on being there for my mate. Strengthening the bond and all that.

After that, I got possessed and told him it was alright to kiss me, basically. I mean, not literally. But in so many words...

Now, we just had Monday - see what I did there? - and I'm gobsmacked that it was even my suggestion. Though, to be fair, he made the first move. Once we're already naked alone together.

But I can't say that wasn't the highlight of my week. And by week, I mean the last 3 weeks. It's funny how it didn't start that way. I didn't ask him to come here to do anything naughty.

But the mate bond, y'all. It's impossible to resist it, especially when we're together in close proximity.

"Are you getting along with your mate? I saw that he came back here after school

"Are you getting along with your mate? I saw that he came back here after school." - Dad asked me during breakfast in the dining room of the pack house the next day.

It's just our family here as always.

"I am, dad. I mean, it's not ideal to be mated to an omega. But I'm making the most of it." - I replied, sheepishly.

Dad smiled weakly at me.

"Not ideal to whom?" - Mom asked, looking me dead in the eyes.

"I'm sorry mom, what?" - I stuttered a bit, not getting her question.

She stared at me down as she ate her pancakes. She put the fork down and started.

"You said it's not ideal to be mated to an omega. Not ideal according to whom? By whose standards are you measuring your mate up? That's what I'm asking!" - She elaborated, sounding peeved. Dad kept quiet and avoided looking at any of us.