Chapter 39: Get The Party Started

Elliott

I'm mad.

At Simon, for saying what he did. And at myself, for going off on him like that. I take no pleasure in humiliating anyone. Like I said before, it's not my thing.

But I feel very protective of my fellow omegas and especially of Liv, who's my best friend. She can be annoying, sure. Maybe say a bit too much sometimes, of course. But anyone who comes for any friend of mine won't know what hit them.

I'm fiercely loyal and an unapologetic defender of my people. It's how I was wired.

That being said, I know Simon is hurting right now. I realize he meant no harm and was probably speaking out of his own insecurity.

I get that. But it doesn't make me any less mad as I would be if I was asked the same question by my own mate. Though it's practically public knowledge that Simon never topped me.

But that was precisely out of fear, not desire. And this very fear is the reason why I get even angrier at the question, the implication.

What he basically said was: is your womb clean? Because I don't want you if it's not.

Which is why this is such a sore spot for us omegas. We're the most fertile individuals of werewolf society and we all grow up under the notion that if we don't 'take care' of ourselves, no one will want us.

This constant fear of rejection messes with even the best of us. Any of us. So kudos for those who manage to relax and enjoy pre-mated sex. Because I didn't until Simon, which is why it's so ironic he's the reason I'm so mad at the very moment.

After we left the locker room, I went over to the omega table at the cafeteria for lunch break. I never considered switching tables after getting mated like Ashley did - she now has daily lunch with her mate and his friends - but I don't judge her either. A lot of people do this. But it never even crossed my mind leaving my friends behind.

"Are you feeling better? I hope you know that it was not okay for him to ask that. And it goes the same to any of your potential mates." - I told her, looking around the table to everyone, who nodded along.

"I'm fine. I just got sidetracked a bit. I didn't expect this from him. He always seemed so open minded, but I guess when push comes to shove, he's just like anybody else in our pack." - She replied in a saddened tone.

"Yeah, but I'm sure he regrets it now. Not that I'm defending him in any way. But he was crying in the locker room." - I told her with some remorse.

"He was? Why?" - She asked with a frightful tone.

"I may have said some things." - I muttered under my breath, though enough for their understanding.

"Elliott, oh my Goddess!" - She gasped at this.

"I'm sorry, okay? He really pissed me off!" - I defended myself, though my tone was regretful.

"I know. But you didn't need to take him down over it." - She said with a painful expression, concerned for her mate.

"I realize that now. But I was angry. And no one messes with my friends. Not even their mates." - I said, kissing her on the cheek.

She smiled weakly at me and we spent the rest of the lunch catching up with everyone. Some time later, we're back inside the classroom.

"I'm sorry for what I've said before. I had no right to ask you that. Please forgive me as I promise to be a better mate for you." - Simon apologized to Liv as soon as he saw her in class.

She smiled at him with a soft admiring gaze.

"It's fine, I forgive you. It's just a sore spot for us, that's all." - She explained in a playful tone.