Chapter 9: Pillow Talk

Elliott

I'm embarrassed about it.

My parents always taught me that violence is never the answer. Always the last recourse. I knew that. But what those boys said to me, to Nicholas - the omega being bullied at the time. He's part of the club too.

At that moment, all I saw was red. I was lucky I didn't shift into wolf, I was raging so hard. Actually, they were lucky all I did was hurt them. I could've done much worse.

Regardless, I shouldn't have done anything.

My parents had to pick me up from school and they talked my ear off from the moment we got in the car to when we reached home and then some.

But I knew better. Or at least I should have known. But I can't feel any worse than I do now. I just hope Nick is okay and he doesn't suffer any retaliation over this.

If anything happens to him because of me, I'd die. Especially anything that can compromise his mating. Though I don't think they'd get that far, hopefully.

It's bad enough that someone can take advantage of our heat, but to do it on purpose it's psycho. My parents got back to their shift because both of them were working when they got the call from the principal.

I made myself some lunch, ate, cleaned the dishes and went to my room. I almost wanted to study a little but I was too distraught to concentrate on anything, to be honest.

I lost track of time until the doorbell rang.

I was startled by it because I'm not expecting any visitors, but I opened the door to see who it was.

A worried looking Simon greeted me at the door and my heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. I still had our wonderful date fresh in my mind, plus our kisses earlier this morning.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry that happened to you." - He started, once he got inside the house.

I didn't even realize how much time had passed and it was already past school hours.

"I'm fine. I'm worried for Nick's safety, not mine. If anything happens to him..." - I replied in a concerned tone.

"Nothing will happen to him. I mean, nothing like that, no. Felix talked to those boys. They're not gonna bother him anymore." - He told me and I sighed in relief.

"He did? Wow! I confess I didn't see this coming! I didn't think he cared about us." - I admitted in an amused tone.

"There's a difference between caring and standing up for what's right. What those boys said to you no one should have to listen." - He spoke in a dead serious tone. I gasped at this.

I took a glass of water and offered him some, he accepted it, so I poured him one too.

"I agree. Honestly, when they said they were gonna do that to Nickolas, I lost it completely. I just couldn't handle it. I mean, omegas are already at the highest rate of rejection within werewolves. But to do that on purpose, I just..." - I trailed off, thinking about it. Rage creeps in my core just at the thought of it.

"I would never reject you!" - He exclaimed, making me swoon.

I smiled at this. I couldn't help it, though that's not exactly breaking news. He already calls me his mate.

"I know. But you could feel different if I were compromised. God I hate that word! It feels like I'm in the 18th century and not right now when I hear about unmated teens fucking like bunnies throughout the pack." - I speak with an angry tone.

He gasped at this.

"I feel you. And I've heard what you said this morning to your friends when they asked if we..." - He trailed off, making me blush.