Chapter 36: Secret

Felix

I dropped off my siblings home and returned to pick up Elliott at school because he stayed back to go to the library.

We'd enjoy our weekend together starting now. I was waiting for him at the parking lot when I saw Elliott running away from school like he just saw a ghost.

"What happened? Are you okay?" - I asked him once he came closer to where I was parked.

Elliott was visibly shaken, distraught, nearly tearing up for some reason. He got into my car and I did as well.

"I'm fine. I just saw something that freaked me out!" - He answered, voice faltering.

"What happened?" - I inquired, worriedly.

"I just saw Liv inside the bathroom topless with Blackburn." - He replied, shaking with nervousness. I gasped.

"Wait, what? Was she being held against her will?" - I didn't know what else to say, frankly.

Elliott glared at me.

"If she were, he wouldn't be alive anymore!" - Elliott's eyes glowed with anger.

Yeah, I didn't think so... I just had to ask.

"What the fuck! Are you sure it was her?" - I'm so gobsmacked at this.

"Yes, I'm fucking sure! I'm a werewolf, even if I was blind I'd recognize her scent anywhere! It's what got me to look inside the closed stall they were in the first place!" - He spat at me, livid.

I raised my hands in a "I surrender" stance.

"OK, I believe you. No need to bite my head off." - I said, sheepishly.

"Now I know why she was too ashamed to tell me about her new man. I mean, what the fuck!?" - Elliott shouted in disbelief.

I start the car, not knowing what to say or do. I'm too shocked to do anything else. Elliott keeps mumbling under his breath curse words and incoherent things.

This completely derailed the afternoon I had planned for us. I took him home and stayed until he calmed down.

It took a really long while. By the time he was better, it's time for dinner at the pack house so I returned home. I invited him to come along, of course, but he said he wanted to be left alone.

Why would Olivia be with Ben again? What's she thinking? I get that he could be her mate, but still... I'm trying very hard to understand this but I can't for the life of me.

I didn't comment about this with anyone in my family because it's not my secret to tell. I just had a nice family dinner and turned in.

On Saturday morning after breakfast, I went over to the Lockwood house to visit my mate, check in on him. I sensed his turmoil yesterday, so I was curious to see if he's better.

Fortunately, he was. Though it's hard to get a grasp on her choice, it is hers to make and hers alone. He smiled at me after I entered.

I was also greeted by Mr. Lockwood, who's present this Saturday. His mom is working. Elliott led me to his room shortly after.

"Are you alright?" - I begin, once we're inside his bedroom alone.

"I am. I was just too shocked yesterday. But it's not my place to judge her. Maybe she has Stockholm Syndrome." - He snickered.

"That only happens in kidnapping." - I informed him in a serious tone.

He glared at me.

"I know, idiot. It's a joke." - He barked.