Chapter 17: Riot

Felix

It' s fucking awful.

I arrived home crying and I wasn't the only one.

Ben - the boy who I dragged away from Olivia kicking and screaming - also cried once he realized what he had done. I mean, he knows what he's done. He was there. But I've experienced some of what he went through to know your mind gets a little foggy by the heat. He cried like a baby.

It wasn't pretty. And almost too relatable.

I took him home as I had to talk to his parents, help explain what had happened because the consequences will be dire. I also called Beta Cortez for a heads up, though he can't act on my word alone. Nor should he, of course.

By the time I got home, late for dinner, I was completely wrecked. My parents saw the state I arrived in and I unraveled on my mom's arms. I cried as if it was me who got dragged away. Suddenly, all these feelings I had bottled up from my experience with the omega came to the surface and I lost it.

 Suddenly, all these feelings I had bottled up from my experience with the omega came to the surface and I lost it

Even my siblings looked worried for me. When I saw Jess, I thought about how it could be her and I cried some more. I know she's not an omega. But she's a girl and heat is only a part of the equation.

My parents comforted me and got me a glass of water, telling me I did the right thing. I got there in time. But I don't know if I did. Maybe before too late, perhaps. But I don't know if it was just in time and I couldn't ask Ben that.

I cried myself to sleep worrying about it. About her, even though she's an omega. Still, I wouldn't wish this on anyone, especially a girl.

"He kept apologizing to me... over and over... and I'm like: it's not me who needs an apology!" - I was telling Ash and Simon the next day at the school yard. Simon already knew about it since he drove Elliot back here yesterday, but Ash heard it from me.

I'm still shaken up about it.

"Did you talk to Lockwood? How is she?" - I asked Simon, expectantly.

"I did, yes. He told me to leave yesterday because I couldn't help in the situation. But I called him later and he had phoned her parents and they took her to the hospital..." - He trailed off, severely distraught.

"She's medicated and nursing her heat at home. I also know the school has been notified. I don't know what will happen next." - He continued, his tone was sorrowful.

Elliot arrived at school and went straight to Simon's arms. They hugged each other for a while until the bell rang.

"How are you?" - He asked the omega.

"I'm fine, but I'm worried for Liv. She has been such a force to all of us at school that I feel horrible I couldn't... be there for her." - As Elliot spoke this, he broke down in tears. Simon hugged him again.

"You couldn't possibly know this was going to happen! It's not your fault!" - Simon comforted him.

"Yeah, Elliot. You can't blame yourself for it. You couldn't have known her heat was gonna strike." - Ash told him in an empathetic tone.