Chapter 27: This is Me | Rewrite The Stars

Elliott

Twist, honey!

The Luna of the pack - Felix's mom - came to my house right after dinner and was welcomed by my very surprised parents.

She asked to speak to me and I agreed. I mean, what was I supposed to do? Chase away my future mother in law?

She and I talked at length - actually, she did most of the talking - about what she had really said to Felix.

She spared no words. She even told me about her omega friend in high school and how that always haunted her all through her life.

And she made a point to tell me she told Felix I was his equal. And that's why I was paired with him. She smiled at me when she said that.

And she apologized repeatedly about her words getting misquoted. Her point was to be scientific about it and not degrading in any way.

It's impossible not to sympathize with her. Even my parents were on her side. I mean, that woman can speak eloquently. Maybe even better than her own mate, the Alpha.

I went to sleep feeling much better about myself. I knew Felix is prejudiced against omegas. This is not something new, but to say what he did really broke me.

In more ways than I care to admit.

But it's fine, I'm good now.

I never thought he had such power over me. But words do matter. And they hurt.

I was just fortunate enough that I had my club friends with me yesterday to get me through. There is nothing like being around people who get you right away. And they all have been incredibly supportive.

When I arrived at school the next day, Felix was waiting for me with a massive bouquet of red roses. He handed it to me and apologized.

"Hi, I'm sorry for yesterday. That's not what I think of you and not the image I wanted you to have of me." - He stated as I admired the beautiful flowers in my hand.

"It's fine, Hollingsworth. Your mom explained it to me." - I replied with a contemplating gaze.

"She did? Well, great! It killed me yesterday that you thought so little of me. As if I didn't consider what an amazing person you are and what invaluable asset you're gonna be as Luna of the pack." - He declared with a shy smile.

I blushed at this, lowering my head subconsciously.

He touched my chin and elevated my head to face him.

"You should always hold your head up high. You're incredible. In the short time that you've been here, you've managed to change people's perceptions of what an omega is. And most importantly, what they can be. Even going as far as changing school policy. You're the best addition to this pack in the last 50 years."

I blushed hard at this. I know he's exaggerating but this is the most compliments I've ever heard of him. So... Let me take it all in.

"Thank you. You didn't need to get me flowers." - I replied, sheepishly.

"I did. You deserve so much more, Elliott. I wish I could give you the Moon." - He replied with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Thanks, but I'm good with flowers." - I smirked.

Then, we walked inside and people were staring at us in surprise. I went to the school office because I can't be holding my flowers from class to class, so I had them stashed away for later.

When I got into the classroom, the students were all giggling at me, even Liv. But I paid them no mind. There is no perfect mate.

And certainly I'm not. What we can do is strive to do better every single day. And that's what I wish for myself and for others.