Part 94.

The sky was slightly bright, after a night of frost and cold, the earth was covered in silver.

In the mountain temple, the bluestone steps are covered with layers of snow. 

Beside the stone steps, several snow stained white plum stamens bloomed in the warm sun of early winter.

At the back hill, the tall and straight pines and cypresses are still green.

A man in plain clothes walked slowly in the snow holding a string of Buddha beads in hand, his black hair was like a waterfall. As he passed under the tree, a pine cone suddenly fell. He turned around slightly and lowered his head to look at the fruit that fell on the ground.

"Squeak--"

A chubby little figure quickly ran over, holding the pine cone tightly with both small claws. The little squirrel, as fat as a ball, dragged its big fluffy tail, tilted its small head and stared at the person in front of him, its black and innocent eyes shining brightly.

"Squeak--" a joyous cry.

When it saw a familiar person, the chubby little body was bouncing and jumping, the mouth kept making a "squeak" sound.

The corners of the man's lips slowly evoked a gentle smile, melting the ice and snow like the warm sun in spring. 

He leaned down and said in a cold voice: "What's wrong?"

"Squeak! Squeak!" 

cheeks bulged, small expression seemed to be extremely angry and couldn't even care about his favorite pinecone. Fat Ball's two small claws gestured to and fro, as if he was complaining to the person in front of him.

"Bang!" 

At this time, another pine cone fell from the top and hit the fat squirrel's small head with great precision.

Rats are unbearable!

The chubby little body jumped up immediately, it turned around and its two small claws gestured toward the big tree, "Squeak! Squeak!"

The man raised his head and looked up at the tree.

A little doll sat on a high branch, slowly peeling pine nuts in her hands and after eating, she naturally took another one from the tree hole.

"Squeak! Squeak!" 

Seeing this, the fat squirrel jumped high, it was the winter food it had saved for a long time!

The round cheeks were full of anger and the two small claws were constantly waving, as if they were going to duel with the opponent to the end.

The little doll sitting on the tree was still attentively peeling the pine nuts on her hands, after peeling enough, she ate them all in one bite in front of the fat ball, very satisfied.

I'm worried.

"Squeak—" The fat squirrel turned his head and called to the man in a low voice, big round black eyes filled with tears, extremely sad.

There was a low laugh in the man's throat.

Then, leaned down to the fat fairway beside his feet: "A few days ago, the bonsai in front of my window was crushed by something."

Speaking of this, the fat squirrel's round face slid with a hint of guilt.

The smile on the man's face deepened as he said softly, "It's time for you to lose weight..." then he raised his head, looked at the little doll sitting on the tree, and said gently, "Whose child are you?"

No Reply.

The man didn't mind either, and continued to shout to the tree, "Can I treat you to a snack?"

Looking at the smiling eyes of the person under the tree, Cub hesitated for a while, then said, "Yes . ." 

The little doll grabbed the trunk and slid down flexibly. When she was about to touch the ground, a pair of big hands hugged her from the trunk.

...

The hot tea is curled up, and the mist is dense.

Inside the warm room, a handsome man was cooking tea, showing a noble and graceful manners between his gesture.

There are a few trays of snacks on the table.

The little doll sat opposite him, taking a sip of snacks and then a sip of tea, looking very leisurely.

"Squeak!" The fat squirrel was sitting on the table with the pine cones in arms, his round black eyes staring at the cakes on the plate, didn't look away for a long time.

It looked at the pine cones in its arms, and looked at the small snacks in the white porcelain plate, which was rare.

Finally, Fat Ball made a choice.

It held the pine cone with one small paw, and the other small paw moved forward quietly in the direction of the snack. Just when the little paw was about to touch the plate, the little cub stretched out her little hand and poked it lightly against its round little body.

The ball-like body rolled all the way to the table a few times.

"Squeak!" The nimble fat squirrel turned over quickly and sat up, with two small paws constantly gesturing at the little doll, very angry.

The cub looked at the fat squirrel with an unconvinced face and took advantage of its unpreparedness to stab its round belly again.

"Squeak-" Fat Ball was bullied and cried.

"Hehehe-" The little doll smiled happily.

Chen Ming, who was sitting opposite, looked at the scene in front of him, couldn't help shaking his head and laughing.

Zaizai turned her head and asked the person sitting opposite:

"Did you raise it?"

"Yes."