Part 165

Before returning to Beicheng, Lin Fei went to the outskirts of the city.

A handful of white daisies were placed in front of the tombstone.

Lin Fei stood in front of the tombstone, silently looking at the person in the black and white photo. 

The poor and thin little boy at the time has grown into a tall and mature man, but the woman on the tombstone photo will always stay at her best age. The girl looked very quiet, her jet-black hair was combed into two braids and hung down on her chest. The smile on her face was full of longing and hope for the future.

However, in the end, she ended her short life so decisively.

Nothing was left.

Even this photo was found by her former classmates after much trouble.

"Lin Amei, this name sounds familiar." 

The middle-aged woman supported her frame, frowning slightly, where did she hear this name, by the way, she remembered it.

The thick photo album was opened, page by page, and finally, a group photo from more than 20 years ago was found.

"Yes, I used to have such a female classmate with this name when I was studying. It's been more than 20 years since I think about it. Now everyone is scattered all over the world and don't have much contact."

Seeing the old man with traces of time Photos, the woman's memory slowly returned to the cage.

"I remember that she was a good person, and she was very helpful. At that time, there were many boys in our class who secretly liked her."

Thinking of her youthful past, the corner of the woman's mouth couldn't help showing a smile.

"She has good grades. She is one of the few in our class who got into college, but I haven't heard about her since graduation."

"Amei, is she okay now?" the woman asked.

The person who went to investigate was silent for a long time, not knowing how to answer her question.

After gaining a firm foothold in Beicheng, Lin Fei moved Lin Amei's grave from the mountain to this cemetery. But it wasn't until he carved the tablet that he discovered she didn't even leave a photo.

Lin Amei's parents, he met from a distance twice when he was a child, once when they received a letter, and once three years after her death.

The couple found Liu Jingui's house all the way, but they didn't find Lin Amei.

Seeing strangers came looking for him, several surrounding families vigilantly gathered around and asked, "What are you doing here with Liu Jingui?"

At that time, Lin Fei was picking up firewood in the nearby woods, and he could hear and see clearly.

They said, "Liu Jingui is my son-in-law, and we are here to see our daughter."

Since Liu Jingui's death, the villagers have been very secretive and have been very wary of outsiders. Seeing that the couple said that Liu Jingui was their son-in-law, they didn't really believe it.

Liu Jingui was not married. They didn't know that 

if he had the money to marry a wife, he wouldn't have thought of buying a woman to have children.

Some villagers also remembered the couple. They came and went, but the girl from Liu Jingui's family was not taken away.

"Everyone in Liu Jingui's family is dead." 

People in the village told them, "The daughter of his family jumped off a cliff."

"What?"

The couple were shocked when they learned of the news of their daughter's death. Wasn't it okay when we left? The husband and wife didn't believe it, and after arguing with the villagers for a long time, they accepted this fact.

Later, they entangled again over the old house and land left by Liu Jingui.

"Liu Jingui is a poor man. Where did he come from and what left him the land was allotted by the village. If he died, of course he would return it to the village."

The village director was smoking a cigarette, rolled his eyes and said, "Liu Jingui still owes a lot of debts everywhere, since you said that he is his old husband. Otherwise, you will pay the money for him." 

What a joke, they didn't ask for anything, but also put money in. The couple didn't dare to ask for anything else, for fear of being chased for debts, they took the opportunity and ran away.

The little boy followed them all the time, and no one noticed.

He heard the two complained to each other,

"This trip is a waste of money, and didn't even get a penny. It's a good son that you raised. Every day run out to drink and play cards with people, and borrow money from people outside. Is that money so owed?"

"I was thinking in a hurry when I left and didn't ask Liu Jingui for the dowry money. thought I can get some this time, who knows"

"I said, let her read it like that, What do you do with more books? It would be great to go home early and find a job. Now it's all over, it's a waste of time."

"Don't say a few words, why can't this child think so much?" The woman wiped her tears.

"Forgot to ask them where the Amei is buried."

"Why don't you hurry up? Didn't you hear that? Liu Jingui owes someone money, so not afraid of being entangled." 

Feeling ashamed, afraid of people around me talking about it, I even moved house. This time, if the son hadn't caused trouble outside and owed people a lot of money, they wouldn't have thought the people who were left here

retribution, right ?

Lin Fei stood in front of the tombstone, recalling the three people he saw in the small town of Tongcheng. The tears on his face in distress and embarrassment were much more real than what he saw at the time.

In the end, it's self-inflicted.

Lin Fei stared at the person on the tombstone photo for a while, then turned and left. Leaving only a bunch of white daisies and someone who has stayed in the past forever, 

-----

something happened to the Tan family.

First, it was revealed that the products produced by the Tan family's company had illegal additives, and then the stock market fell one after another.

The Tan family's emergency public relations had no effect at all, because the exposed quality inspection report had clearly indicated that there was really a problem with their family's products.

This is not framed by peers, nor is it malicious slander, but the long-covered facts have been exposed.

The old man of the Tan family checked and searched, and finally found his own family.

The current generation is no longer the generation he used to be.

The original intention is no longer there, and the interests confuse people.

Whether it is the eldest or the second child of the Tan family, they all know that their products use additives in violation of regulations, but they all chose to default in the end.

Huge benefits can blind many people, making them subconsciously choose to be blind and deaf.

After Mr. Tan learned the truth, he immediately fell ill and fainted and was admitted to the hospital.

The fact that it could not be suppressed at all eventually made Tan lose its credibility in the market.

After losing the old man in charge, and learning that the company's crisis originated from the Tan brothers, people's hearts have become unstable.

Shareholders began to sell their shares, and the giants onlookers also took the opportunity to carve up the market belonging to Tan.

The internal employee who worked at Tan's factory who was said to be unable to endure the daily condemnation of his conscience and finally chose to be exposed, has been unable to be contacted. Consumers who defended their rights made a scene in front of the Tan's headquarters, begging for an explanation for themselves.

The Tan brothers were so overwhelmed that they couldn't even go home every day, so they lived directly in the company.

For the first time, Mr. Tan and Mr. Tan er, who were busy fighting for power in the past, worked together for the first time, but still couldn't save their company and could only watch it go into decline.

________________________

The author has something to say, sorry for coming back late.