Part 127. Cubs in the Stand-In text

The sky outside the car window was still gloomy. There were a few old trees lying on the side of the road, and weeds were growing on the edge of the field. 

A few dead leaves hang on the branches, and they cannot fall off in the cold wind.

A dilapidated van was driving on this dusty dirt road, and the wipers were crooked and fell, it was unknown if they could still be used;

But such a broken car that looked like it was about to break down also attracted the children who were walking on the road with sheep to look back frequently, eyes full of novelty.

The window was only opened a little, the big dark hand stretched out the cigarette and flicked it a few times.

In the car, someone's mobile phone rang.

The man glanced at it, turned his head again, took a sharp breath and slowly exhaled a smoke ring. After the phone rang a few times, he picked it up and connected.

He held a cigarette in one hand and put his phone to his ear in the other. only heard the person over there asking: "Why did it take so long to answer the phone?! Okay, I'm not talking nonsense with you, I ask you, have the goods arrived?"

Hearing the anxious voice over there, the man let out a mouthful Rhubarb teeth, his face full of impatience.

"I said you are in a hurry! The limelight has been tight recently, so you have to be careful in everything you do. If something goes wrong, you will take care of it for me?!" The man spoke with a foreign accent, and his voice came out along outside the car window.

The van was driving, and the wheels of the car were picking up dust. Before the people on the roadside could hear it, they passed by.

"Where's the bastard! almost bumped into me and didn't see it!" The passerby who was almost hit scolded the van going away. Seeing that the car hadn't stopped, he spit in that direction again, "Bah!" He spit a few times, and said to himself unhappily, "You son of a bitch! Maybe one day you'll be hit and killed when you go out!"

In the van, the two men looked painless and didn't feel any guilt about nearly hitting someone.

"The country bumpkin is a big deal!"

Hearing the voice on the phone, the man picked it up again and yelled at the other end, "didn't I tell you! Wait a little, we're already on our way, the goods will arrive soon!"

"Missed?"

The man took a breath of cigarette slowly, and leaned back on the seat with a look of enjoyment on his face. He said to the mobile phone: "Joke! You go out and ask, I have been in business for so many years and have never missed a deal!" 

After hanging up the phone, the man turned his head and said to the driver: "I said, The phone has been called several times, why can't he still get it! Hurry up, hurry up!"

The thin man sitting in the driver's seat smiled flatteringly: "Brother Huang, we have been here several times, you know. Yes, the road is like this in this poor and lonely place. This is already the fastest!" The dirt road was difficult for the car to run and it was swaying and stumbling all the way.

The man scolded angrily and said, "When this order is finished, I will get a new car!"

"Wow--" A baby's cry came from the direction of the back seat.

The man frowned, and the scar at the corner of his eye added a bit of ferocity. He turned his head angrily, looked at the baby lying in a half-used handbag, and scolded, "Why are you crying! going to cry for nothing!"

He turned his head to the woman sat beside him said, "Give her some more medicine and tell her to be quiet!"

Hearing the man's words, the woman reluctantly pulled the handbag aside and glanced at the baby girl inside.

The face of the baby girl who was only a few months old was flushed, obviously not a normal face. The woman's heart was not good, so she quickly reached out and touched it, sure enough, the temperature on her skin was scorching hot.

"What's the matter, Sister Juan!" The man in the driver's seat noticed the woman's ugly face in the rearview mirror of the car.

The middle-aged man sitting next to him also frowned and turned his head to look over. The woman said to them with a bad face: "This baby girl has a fever, I'm afraid the situation is not good..."

Hearing this, the man immediately turned his head and looked at the back seat. At this time, the baby's cry has become weaker and weaker, as if about to die.

"Damn it!"