Chapter 29 Planning

Ronde(POV)

It's been 2 days since we started planning to recover our kingdom back from my uncle. So far, we've been coming up with a few scenarios that might work. However, we don't have every detail of what's going on Within our kingdom. My mentor, Skild, is trying to gather as much information as he possibly can without being suspicious. But it was just tidbits of information that was somewhat useful but not enough to us to plan to take the kingdom today. But what he told us yesterday has put a massive dent in our plans.

(Yesterday)

After a long while planning with the Dragon Riders about ways to take back our kingdom, my mentor came back from his duties with a very concerned look on his face. I asked, "Hey master, what up? You look a little worried."

He looked around at all of us that were in the room and sat down in one of his chairs, "Look I'm not trying to rush you guys or anything, but you need to either come up with a plan faster or find a way to escape. The coordination begins in two days."

I was a bit surprised I thought we had another week or possibly a few more days but 2? Why?

I spoke up, "Why so little? We're still in the planning phase and we came up with a few ideas, but we're not done yet."

He spoke up, "Since the kingdom is out of order Upendo and the councilman have decided to crown him as king to bring order back to our nation. They also decided to move up the coordination process so everything would be back to normal at a much quicker pace."

I looked at Hiccup and the other's and back to my mentor, "If we don't come up with something by tomorrow night then we'll think about plans to get out of our kingdom. But we have a few ideas that could stop or at least slow down my uncle's rule."

My mentor got up, "Do what you need to do but just consider what I've said we don't have much time left. And whatever you come up with has to be flawless."

I nodded, "I know."

Now coming up with something is proving to be difficult. What Hiccup and I came up with could still work but in order to do that we need a big distraction of some sort, but more than that we needed proof. We have proof that my uncle had sided with the Warlords and his plans. But that would only get him to be charged with treason but would still leave my family on the run because we still can't provide enough evidence that what my uncle wrote was fake. My father has to be proven innocent so he can become king again. I have to admit my father is a better king than he is a parent. His actions are questionable at best, but the end results always lead to our nation being improved in some shape or form.

I still don't know how to feel about him yet it's confusing given the circumstances. But I cannot deny that he's the best leader for my home. But in order to do that I need proof. I wonder is it possible to get that proof? Where would it be and how could I get it?

I wonder if it's possible if my father still has those letters. If he did, are they documented away? If I remember correctly, my father always keeps his letters to find some sort of flaws within peace treatises or contracts to cover his end or to prove to the other party that they were incompetent. Also, if I remember correctly my father said that he had a way to prove that those letters were out of context, he had to have them.