Chapter 8 The Foreverwing Awakens

Special Thanks to my Beta Reader Fantasia Komix For rewriting and expanding on the scenes within this chapter, So Thank you once again.

Ronde(POV)

The ground shook so violently that even the dragons had a hard time staying on their feet. I looked at the group and shouted, "You guys need to get out of here right now! It's no longer safe for you guys to be here, take the dragons and fly a safe distance away from this island!"

"But what about you?" shouted Hiccup. "You need to come with us!"

"Do not argue with me, listen to me or you won't leave this island unharmed. Now go!" I yelled at them. "Please, just go, the Foreverwing will go on a rampage and attack the hunters and you guys."

"But..."

"GO NOW!" I roared at them.

They all hesitated for a moment but finally decided to get on the dragons. All of them had a hard time because the ground was shaking, but they managed to fly off.

"Now I need to think of something," I thought out loud. 'I can't do it here, not in front of all these people. I need to find some way to get rid of these Hunters and get on the Foreverwing's good side. I doubt he'll recognize me.'

"Maybe I should let the Foreverwing just take care of the hunters, camps, and boats, and while all of them are scrambling, I'll try to calm him down. They don't have any weapons on their ships, they had an opportunity to use them on the dragons that were flying above them. Still, when this is all over, I need to calm him down."

Just as I said that, the ground tremored even more. A pair of giant wings rose, as though they had emerged from the ground.

"Huh. If those are the wings, judging from the way that they're facing, that means we were standing on his head while we were at the top of that mountain."

As I examined the mountain, I started to make out his face. His eyes were wide open, slits paper-thin, glaring towards at the beach- 'looking at me, the camps or the boats, either way, he's looking in this general direction with a very aggravated look on his face.' "This is going to be difficult."

Hiccup (POV)

We flew at least a mile away from the island and hovered, trying to see what's going on. I used my telescope to see what Ronde was doing. He was staring at something in fear. I realized the mountain that we were all on before the assault was shaking and moving.

"That's its head?" I shouted. "Is it possible that thing's bigger than the Bewilderbeast?"

"I can see why that thing's the king of the island," Fishlegs reported with awe. "It is the island! That maxes out the class 10!" He grinned, clearly already thinking of how he would classify and record it.

The dragon finally detached itself from the island, along with rock debris, dust, and part of the forest with it.

"GRROOOOOOOOOHH!" It roared. Even from this distance, its voice was a force itself.

"Hiccup, we have to get down there and help Ronde," screamed Astrid.

"No! Not yet," I told her. "Something tells me he already came up with a plan. Besides, I think it'd be better leaving that Dragon alone for the time being to take care of the hunters and the remaining boats."

"Are you willing to put his life on a feeling that you have?"

"No, I don't. But it was his choice to not come along with us," I replied with confidence I didn't have. "He chose to stay, so that means he must have a plan to stop that dragon or to at least calm it down. But if I notice things are getting out of hand, Toothless and I will go down there to see if we can do something."