Chapter 3 Ronde

Special Thanks to DragonWriter0316 for helping with grammar and fixing some of the words in this chapter.

Mysterious boy (POV)

"It's about time!" I yelled, "Right now I'm on a tight 'schedule' and I don't have time to waste, so please, let's hurry and go to your village."

"Alright," the big man said, "but before we do, can you tell us your name?"

I thought for a moment; should I tell him my real name? I mean I'm not famous or anything and I doubted it would have jeopardized my mission, so I guessed it would be fine.

"My name is Ronde; it means runt for where I'm from." They looked at me with a confused look on their faces, "And before you ask, my parents didn't know how I was going to turn out."

"Where are you from?" asked the female.

I looked over the horizon and said, "A place beyond the Horizon where it's always hot." I look back at them, "I'm not from this part of the archipelago, as you can see by my complexion."

"We kind of figured that," said the female. "My name is Astrid, and this is Fishlegs," she said as she pointed at the big man.

I tried to hide a chuckle, but fish don't have legs. And then I thought to myself again, What am I doing? I don't have time for this.

"Alright, I don't have time to play with you guys." I looked over them, "I need to go to your Village and see if your Chief can come up with a plan." I looked over to Astrid's Dragon and walked toward her, "I don't want to be rude and take off with your dragon, but I need to leave now, so hop on so we can get a move on."

They understood but they hesitated before hopping on their dragons and then taking off.

It took us around 2 minutes to get to their Village and yet again I'm disappointed with how small their Village was. "This place is supposed to be a safe haven for dragons? It's too small and too crowded," I said out loud.

"Well, we're working on expanding," explained Fishlegs.

I sighed at that comment, "Yes, that might help for a little bit, but sooner or later you will suffer from overpopulation. But you know what: it doesn't matter," I said trying to gather my thoughts. "Just please hurry and take me to your chief."

And they did, but the exact moment we landed I was surrounded by a bunch of dragons. Some of them staring at me with concern, others with excitement. I was used to this, as these types of reactions began ever since I landed on that island, but it was beginning to get annoying.

"BACK UP!" I screamed and they did exactly what I told them to do. I let my anger get the best of me and now the dragons around me were scared. I tried to calm myself down and I lowered my stance so I could show them that I wasn't a threat. They slowly walked back toward me, sniffing and examining me. I reached out my hand for a red nightmare and he hesitated before putting his snout in my hand.

"I'm sorry I just need some space. I'm not completely used to be surrounded by dragons like this." The Nightmare nodded in approval and signaled the other dragons to back off. I bowed my head thanking him.

While this was happening, I also drew a crowd of confused Vikings. They were all looking at me strangely but then they went about their business except one viking teen.

"Who's this guy?" A bulky teen yelled. "He nearly scared Hookfang!"

I can already tell that this guy thinks he's the Hotshot of the island. Everything about him just screamed pride and arrogance, with a hint of stupidity. Man, I hoped I was wrong.