Chapter 17 The First Time It Happen

Special Thanks to my Beta Reader TheLoversTheDreamersAndMe for fixing the grammar in this chapter.

Astrid(POV)

"Yesss, it iss me," The dragon claiming to be Ronde hissed.

"No, that's impossible," Hiccup said, astounded.

"S-so isss a talking dragon that knows every one of your names, Hiccup, Fisshlegss and Assstrid."

There was a moment of silence again. This is hard to believe that in all our lives this didn't seem possible, yet it's right in front of us. Is this why he ran away from his home?

The dragon looked away from us and began laughing nervously.

"It wass ssupposed to be so simple, find you, drop you off and come back as me but it ends up like thisss. The plan was to find and rescue Hiccup. I found the prisson where he was being held captive. I was sssupposed to go down there, knock out a few guardss, and unlock his ccell door."

The dragon looks at Hiccup. "But sssomehow you managed to essscape and had the guardsss chasssing you. At that point, I didn't have a choice but to change my appearanccce and ressscue you, which I managed to do. The next part wasss to drop you off towardsss thisss boat and get the otherss attention to let them know that you were there. After, I wasss going to fly off and change back, but I didn't expect the Bog Burglarsss to catch up to usss ssso quickly. And now here we are on a boat on our way back to Berk." He made a noise similar to growling.

"Until you guysss tried to go back to the island to come to find me. I jussst couldn't let you go ssso I tried ssstopping Astrid. Then you guysss were coming up with a rescue plan that wasss doomed to fail? What were you thinking!?"

The dragon looks at me. "I told you not to come back to get me, but you didn't listen sso I had no choice but to sssay something to you, letting you know that I am here asss...thisss." He gestured to himself with his paw. After that explanation, there was no doubt in my mind that this dragon was telling the truth, that he is Ronde, but how?

"So wait if you are Ronde, tell me, were you the same dragon that trashed my house?" Hiccup asked.

"Oh yeah...yesss, that wasss me."

"Why?"

"That day I thought you sssaid that you were sleeping over with Astrid. You ssscared me because I thought you knew it was me and I didn't know what to do, so I tried pretending I was wild and threatened you so you could back off and allow me to escape."

Hiccup eyes widen. "It is you."

Fishlegs was next to say something, "Ronde, how did this happen to you?"

"It's a very long...s-story...T-that...in-in-...involvesss...m-...what's...going...o-on?..."

He places his claws on his head. His irises dilated back and forth from circles to slits. Something was very wrong with him. "Ronde, what's happening?"

"The...r-room...is...is...ssspinning...why...do...i...f-feel...like...like...T-thisss..?"

Suddenly he collapses in front of us and hits the floor hard. His eyes were halfway closed. He looked unconscious. Everyone ran towards him. Even Toothless was trying to wake him up. "Ronde, what's wrong?" I shook his shoulder. No response.

"Guys, I think I know what the problem is," Fishlegs stated. We all looked to see what he was talking about. On the tip of the tail was a black tranquilizer dart.

"No wonder he crash-landed, but why did it take so long for the effects to kick in?" Hiccup asked.

"Because the tip of the tail was the farthest away from any blood vessels or vein. It must have taken a while for it to go through his system," Fishlegs, ever the dragon expert, explained.