2

"Good morning! My name is Cara Greene, I'm here for the internship." I lowered my window as I greeted the guard.

The guard pulled out his 2-way radio from his belt and I could hear him verifying my name to someone on the other line. 

"Yes, let her in." The guy from the other line said.

Before opening the parking barrier gate for me, he handed me a visitor card.

"You can use this to enter and exit the basement parking." He instructed me.

"Thank you, Sir." 

He nodded at me and gestured me to go.

There was a parking number written on the visitor card and I followed it. I parked and went ahead to the ground floor where the lobby and the big reception was.

"Hello, Good morning! My name is Cara Greene and I'm here for the internship job." I greeted one of the receptionist.

"Yes, Ms. Greene. Please have a seat. Mr. Taylor will be with you in a minute." She gestured where the couches are.

"Thank you."

I proceeded to one of the single sofa and seated. Just the ground floor alone was very huge. There are 4 receptionist behind the huge reception table, all of them are very pretty and looked very professional. Their hair was tied neatly and their blazers matched in one color.

There are 4 security guards by the main door wearing black suits and an ear piece. It is 10 minutes before 8 in the morning and a lot of employees are coming in, tapping their IDs in the biometrics.

I still can't believe I was accepted here.

"Ms. Greene?" A tall, handsome man was extending his hand to me.

I stood up and accepted it.

"Good morning, Sir." I greeted him smiling.

"Oh please, call me Richard. I am from the HR department." We shook hands.

"Then, call me Cara, please." 

The building has 10 floors and we went to 1st floor first where the HR and Admin departments are. The HR Manager had me sign a bunch of documents including the 6 months internship contract. She handed me as well the employee handbook where the company rules are written and asked me to read and review them. 

At first they let me stay in a one small meeting room where I carried all the documents that they had given me to read and sign, man, this was a lot.

After that, the HR. Manager who recruited me, Mrs. Hannigan joined me in the meeting room and explained to me what will be my job for 6 months.

I will be one of the interns in the business development department which is in the 9th floor. We are actually 3 interns and I was the last one who got in.

I will be assisting in drafting sales agreements, proposals, etc. I'll be ask to join meetings to take minutes as well, attend to whatever needs the department requires, even copying or scanning documents.

Lastly, Mrs. Hannigan gave me the NDA document, since I will be working directly with the department, I will be able to see and hear numbers and sales the department is bringing, so this document is necessary so the company can sue me if ever I leak these information to anybody or worst to a competitor.

I already researched about the company before taking the interview but still, when Mrs. Hannigan was explaining to me how large Williams & Brown Corporation, I was lost. 

There's a wide industries where the company is involved in, Aerospace, Automotive, Chemical, Commercial Buildings, Data Centers, Healthcare, Machinery, Transportation & Logistics, F&B and many more.