15

Alex served me when the food came. We stopped working and concentrated on our food.

"What happened to your leg?" I couldn't help but ask. It was bothering me ever since I saw her this afternoon with the bandage on her leg.

"Kickboxing." She said in between her mouthfuls.

Kickboxing, sexy! I ignored that thought.

"I thought I was the one that is hungry." I teased her a bit.

We are both sitting on the couch, leaving a decent distance between us.

"Just because my stomach did not make any sound, doesn't mean I'm not hungry." I smiled at her answer as I know she was faking being annoyed, her tone is different.

"You have... You have food on the corner of your lips." I told her when I noticed it.

"Where? Here?" She tried to wipe the other side. I don't know what possessed me, I turned her face towards me and wiped the corner of her lips with my finger, yes with my finger!

Obviously, I did not think through my actions. As soon as my finger touched her skin and accidentally wiped the edge of her lips, I felt what was like a million voltage of electricity going through me.

Our eyes met, confusion written all over hers. 

What did I do?

Alex didn't seem to bother about my hand on her face, she was just staring at me, her eyes lingering on my lips after a few seconds.

My heart was pounding loudly in my chest and I know I was breathing abnormally. But that didn't matter when her hand reaches for mine.

My eyes found her lips, it was parted a little bit like it was inviting me. The heat in both our bodies is screaming but none of us seem to care.

Our faces are inches apart, I could feel her hot breath on my face, she was leaning towards me, she was gonna kiss me! 

My insides are flipping, and my heart is jumping but strangely, I was acting calm.

Her eyes closed and I did the same, anticipating the kiss. I felt our upper lips brushing each other when...

"R-ringggg! R-ringgggg!" 

"Dammit!" I heard Alex curse.

We were both startled, I think I even jumped a little. We moved a little giving distance between us.

Alex answered her phone. 

I couldn't understand what was she saying as my mind was not on it but was on the pending kiss.

Was she really disappointed that the kiss did not happen? I asked myself.

Well, I was for sure. It was just a little bit, a little bit and her lips will envelop mine.

I scooted more, away from her. I feel it was gonna be awkward as soon as she finishes that call. I waited impatiently and tried to swallow the food but all of a sudden, I couldn't taste what I was eating. 

I could still feel her upper lips brushing to mine, damn that was hot. My hand like it has its own mind reached for my lips. It was the same time Alex finished her call and she turned to my side catching me.

I was embarrassed but when I saw her eyes fly to my fingers touching my lips again, the embarrassment was replaced by something else... 

I removed my hands from my lips and cleared my throat. All these emotions rushing through me were too much, too much for me to handle.